Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 12:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,918 times

Advertisements

Are there any Miami Hurricanes fans that would possibly like to tailgate at the Miami - NC State game later this year?

Also, is anyone meeting up & going to the game @ Duke?

If anyone knows of a good source for tickets for the State game be sure and drop me a note... I have several friends in Miami that will probably be traveling up for the game and need seats.

Lastly, has anyone had good/bad experiences being a fan of the opposing team at the Virginia Cavaliers home games?

Thanks,
Mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
Are there any Miami Hurricanes fans that would possibly like to tailgate at the Miami - NC State game later this year?

If anyone knows of a good source for tickets for the State game be sure and drop me a note... I have several friends in Miami that will probably be traveling up for the game and need seats.

Lastly, has anyone had good/bad experiences being a fan of the opposing team at the Virginia Cavaliers home games?

Thanks,
Mark.
You can buy Duke vs. Miami Tickets directly from Duke university, though I guess you will be sitting with the "home" team. Duke Football Tickets. You can probbaly find them on craig's list too.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:24 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Sometimes you can get Duke tickets as a prize in a box of Cracker Jack's.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:36 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times

Old 09-07-2008, 11:45 AM

83 posts, read 335,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post

Thanks,
Mark.
Hey Mark,

IM a local Canes fan...you should join up on www.canesoverhere.com. Unbelievable tailgates and they'll definitely have a big one for the State game. I imagine the Duke game will be more subdued but you never know. Tough loss last night but showed some promise, especially on defense. At least it wasnt the blowout that OU was last year.

Look forward to meeting you!

Danny

Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,918 times
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out the website you mentioned.

Year before last when we played Duke, my wife and I went to the game and were going to buy tickets at the gate. We ran across some guy riding a bike that wanted to sell us tickets for $20.00. (or so I thought) I talked him into giving us the tickets for $15.00 - when I realized that he meant $15 FOR BOTH TICKETS! Neither he nor I had a $5, so he gave me both tickets to the game for $10.00.

When I looked at them I realized that they weren't even next to each other, but one of the Durham policemen that were outside the game said, "It doesn't matter. Site where you want. That's what everyone else does." So, that's what we did!

I also had a great experience at the Miami - Wake Forest game a few years back. Miami-UNC... eh... not so much. We had some moron in front of us that, whenever UNC made a play, would yell, "Hey Miami, where's your airplane?" Which made no sense what soever. After a quarter of this I yelled, "It's at the airport, you tool!" It got a few laughs, but I wasn't too popular when Miami started picking up the tempo after the half.

I look forward to seeing you at the game and keep me posted with any events that you hear about.

Regards,
Mark.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:36 AM

635 posts, read 1,617,402 times
Now that we've got kids, we don't get out as much, but I'd love to see the Miami v. Duke game (close to home). I'm a Miami alum and used to go to all the home games while in college. Luckily it was when they were really good- '90-'94.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,215 times
Where do my fellow Miami Hurricane Fans hang out in the Triangle to watch the games?
Don't know if I'll be attending the NC or Duke games yet.
Thanks, Ellen

Old 08-15-2013, 01:58 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Sometimes you can get Duke tickets as a prize in a box of Cracker Jack's.
OK! Careful now

Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 PM

14 posts, read 27,115 times
Go Canes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary