Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:00 PM

693 posts, read 2,754,734 times

Advertisements

I think no one can answer this question for you but yourself. You'd need to spend time visiting both places and then deciding which one you like best. Also it depends on where you would be commuting to work. Keep in mind that a lot of people on these boards either live or sell houses in Wake Forest so their opinions might be a bit biased

With that said I've been to both places enough times to know that I would choose Fuquay Varina anytime over Wake Forest, but that's my personal opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,633,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
I think no one can answer this question for you but yourself. You'd need to spend time visiting both places and then deciding which one you like best. Also it depends on where you would be commuting to work. Keep in mind that a lot of people on these boards either live or sell houses in Wake Forest so their opinions might be a bit biased

With that said I've been to both places enough times to know that I would choose Fuquay Varina anytime over Wake Forest, but that's my personal opinion.
That is true...lots of us from WF. What are your reasons for choosing W-V? It might be helpful to the poster to see the various pros and cons from both sides of the fence.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:29 PM

271 posts, read 1,210,154 times
Hmm. I have friends in both towns and they are really nothing a like. X-cept they both sit on U.S. Routes 401 and U.S. respectively. Wake Forest quite a bit more developed in the retail sense especially with the Super Target, Home Depot, Lowes home improvement and the Marquee movie theater which opened in 04/05. But then again the retail follows rooftops and the boom started in Wake Forest before Fuquay started really booming. And Fuquay-Varina is definetly more displaced from the action than most of Wake Forest. I suggest you plan a trip down and visit them both. You would get more for your money in Fuquay-Varina but for sure there are less amenities.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:56 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,144,270 times
Default target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
Fuquay Varina all the way....

And Fuquay Varina is getting a target
Can you tell me where the Target is going to be located. Thanks

Old 02-06-2007, 03:12 PM

42 posts, read 167,054 times
Default Schools in FV

We totally ruled out Fuquay Varina mostly due to the schools. Have they improved? Can anybody vouch for the quality? Thanks a lot!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,190,667 times
I do not live in either Fuquay or Wake Forest, but I have driven through parts of both areas. Like previous posters stated, they are both nice areas to live in so it really depends on your personal preference and other factors like where you plan to work which will determine which is the right choice is for you.

Like previous posts mention, I too find that Fuquay is not as developed as Wake Forest in terms of retail opportunities (That is neither a pro nor a con…merely an observation). I think you probably got that vibe already from the previous posts since most of them concerning Wake Forest talk about what stores they already have vs. the post about what Fuquay is expecting to get in the future.

Both Wake Forest and Fuquay appear to be communities that have grown out of predominantly rural settings. However, not all rural settings are the same. While traveling through Wake Forest I feel like there are a lot of trees, not only in many of the developments, but also all along the roads as well (Maybe that is why it is called Wake Forest! ). That leads me to believe that perhaps wake forest’s original makeup was that of undisturbed forest land before the development boom it experienced in the past few decades. In Fuquay I get a more agricultural feel in that the rural setting is more open with fewer trees. Perhaps it may have been mainly open pastures for cattle and fields for row crops before it was developed in recent years. Either way they are both rural areas…just with different looks to them.

Perhaps somebody with a more intimate knowledge of these two areas can speak to what kind of farming was prevalent in each respective area before they were subsequently developed into more suburban communities?

Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 AM

4 posts, read 10,559 times
I think Fuquay will offer the most appreciation in home prices....so investment-wise, i would say Fuquay is better. Wake Forest alerady has the development that drives home values up, and Fuquay is still in the works....it's like getting in on the ground level of a neighborhood, but this is a whole town. However, both places are very nice. I've never lived in either (I'm in Raleigh), but I've been here for a while, and both areas strike me as lovely.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:56 AM

33 posts, read 88,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Can you tell me where the Target is going to be located. Thanks
the rumor i heard was off of Sunset Lake by the Harris Teeter shopping center (so technically Holly Springs)

We're right on the Holly Springs/Fuquay line (Holly Springs address but Fuquay utilities) and we love it out here. The home prices are MUCH better than in WF, there is alot less traffic than in WF, we don't have kids in school yet but I hear good things about all the schools in the area, and with the addition of 540 near Holly Springs the commute to places like RTP will be much better.

Personally, I would recommend Holly Springs over Fuquay (though they are right next to each other)...more anticipated growth, easier commute, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary