U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2007, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 9,340 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I have posted a few questions on here and think that everyone has been more then helpful. When you are thinking about picking up your life and moving somewhere, it makes it much easier when someone you don't even know is willing to help you along the way.

My Husband and I are planning a trip in 3 weeks to check out some houses and hopefully some sites (where should we go BTW?) - and it was all from information I gathered from here.

So... Thank you very much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 12:19 PM

2,834 posts, read 11,256,174 times
I guess where you should go depends! Where you end up looking for homes, check out that area, does it have the "things" you like around it, the "things" that are important to you. I think each of the towns surrounding raleigh has their own flavor and that makes it interesting (although confusing for many!!!). I would say, checking out chapel hill, franklin street, driving around the university, also, duke has a gorgeous campus, funky little 9th street right next to east campus, and then there is duke gardens, which is much prettier in the spring! raleigh has the downtown area with some wonderful museums, plus NC state campus is right there as well. Then you have all of the perimeter towns (holly springs, cary, apex, wake forest, etc).

I am not sure what your interests are, so that makes it challenging. I know when I have shown people around the different towns, it helps driving through them to get a feel for the area and all that it emcompasses.

Leigh
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary