Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 07:11 AM

311 posts, read 884,489 times

Advertisements

From the City of Raleigh as of 9/16:

"The rules apply to all customers using water from the City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department in Raleigh, Garner, Knightdale, Wendell, Zebulon, Wake Forest and Rolesville. Customers using automatic or non-automatic irrigation systems may water their lawn from 12:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for addresses ending in an odd number. Wednesday, Friday and Sunday are watering days for even-numbered addresses. Hose end sprinklers may be operated from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on the same odd and even address schedule as sprinklers systems. No irrigating is allowed on Monday.

All irrigation systems and hose-end sprinklers must be operated to prevent water from being wasted on impervious surfaces such as driveways, sidewalks, streets and parking lots. All area restaurants may only serve drinking water upon a customer request. Hotels and motels must ask guest spending more than one night to use the towels and bed linens more than once between laundering.

A 45-day new landscape irrigation establishment permit may be obtained from the City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department for a $50 fee. The permit allows for the irrigating of new whole-yard first seeding, establishing new sod, or for large commercial plantings.

A first violation of the water conservation rules will result in a written warning, a civil penalty of $50 for a second violation, and $200 for a third violation. A fourth violation will result in interruption of the customer’s water service."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 AM

488 posts, read 1,550,091 times
I wonder if they will relax the rules on installing new irrigation systems.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 AM

492 posts, read 1,147,915 times
I dont water grass, never have, never will. I fertilize, lime, weed control...but I'm not wasting water on my lawn. Its too bad that I can't wash my car in my own driveway on Wed when I don't work. I wish I could sign an afadavit that I won't ever water my lawn, just so I can wash my car in my own driveway.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 AM

3,286 posts, read 8,519,514 times
What about washing my car? If I don't have the time to wash my car on the weekends then I can't do it all week, yet someone can water their lawn (which wastes much more water) 3 times a week? Did I miss something?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,318,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
What about washing my car? If I don't have the time to wash my car on the weekends then I can't do it all week, yet someone can water their lawn (which wastes much more water) 3 times a week? Did I miss something?

I suppose they figure one can take their car to a car wash and get it cleaned. Its hard to take ones lawn to a lawn watering station and return it all in the same day! Let alone trying to find a lawn watering station! Last time I seen a mobile one was when a Firetruck was putting out a house fire and really soaked the lawn too!

Logic: the art of making seemingly senseless acts make useless sense!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:42 AM

242 posts, read 793,099 times
How about driving your car onto your lawn and then washing it. The waste water would fall on the grass, thereby watering your lawn.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,318,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsnc View Post
How about driving your car onto your lawn and then washing it. The waste water would fall on the grass, thereby watering your lawn.

There ya go! The area has some of the most creative people in the land!!

Ding Dong the Drought is Dead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary