U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 02:36 PM

40 posts, read 102,610 times

Advertisements

What are people's experience with M/I homes? Their design, quality and customer service.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 09:58 AM

475 posts, read 1,507,600 times
Have nothing but great things to say about this builder. After a horrendous experience with Pulte about 7 years ago, we backed out 3 days before closing and then chose a house with M/I at the Ridgemont sub-division in Morrisville. Excellent customer service, their structural warranty is the longest ( 30 years vs the standard 10 offered by other builders), solid construction, we had a wonderful experience - even after the house was built, if we had any concerns - and they were very minor, they were met immediately - instant follow up and addressing it. About 5 other people we know went with M/I right after we did since we had great things to say about them, and they all still feel the same. The only minor wish I have at times - their designs are not as fancy as some other builders, but everyone who has seen our home has liked it - I guess I have gotten used to it...But not to digress, M/I is a good company.Hope this helps,D.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:32 PM

10 posts, read 35,495 times
ditto, we had a great experience with M/I as well. Had a deal fall through with KB Homes (thank God!). Their service after the sale was great.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 PM

39 posts, read 246,785 times
same here. we bought at M/I greystone gables subdivision in Cary. Quality
construction and excellent service. Don't have anything to say except
that it used to be little expensive compared to other builders, but not
anymore.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:29 PM

475 posts, read 1,507,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toffee View Post
anymore.
Back in 2001, that's what we thought as well - but then realized that they do not cut corners and that is why their price seemed higher compared to , say a Pulte or a KB home. From personal experience, Pulte was cutting corners every possible way they could and had to do that to justify their low price, and so was KB Homes, based on feedback I have received from friends owing a KB Home.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 PM

40 posts, read 102,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by des1rees View Post
The only minor wish I have at times - their designs are not as fancy as some other builders, but everyone who has seen our home has liked it - I guess I have gotten used to it...But not to digress, M/I is a good company.Hope this helps,D.

I have noticed they do not do a lot of "fancy" stuff, but I think the layouts are quite functional. It seems like they make every square inch count. I am glad they have good feedback. They will be on my short list for my next house.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:15 PM

41 posts, read 215,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toffee View Post
anymore.
I am looking at the Greystone development. Any information you have would be of value.

Someone said they don't include fancy stuff but looking at the standard features I disagree - a ceramic tile floor in the master bathroom, 9' ceilings on both floors and coriant worktops all as standard is pretty good.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:51 PM

12,475 posts, read 30,779,150 times
In all my years of Real Estate, I have never sold a M/I Home...until last week. I have sold Pulte, KB, Drees, Lennar, etc., etc.

Thus far, it has been a very pleasant experience. I have found the onsite agents to be very nice AFTER negotiations! The design center is gorgeous with so many options, it is almost like having a custom built home! The folks at the design center didn't push my clients to buy any extras. Every time I have called them, they have been very friendly.

The manager of the design center stopped in because we had a slight "issue" and although she wasn't able to resolve it for us, she was very helpful as to why she couldn't take care of it. We DID get it taken care of because it was very important to my clients. Sometimes you have to push!

I hope the rest of the transaction will be equally smooth! Let's see if my opinion changes by closing...March, 2009.

Vicki

Old 02-14-2009, 07:40 AM

49 posts, read 179,569 times
I have had an M/I home now for 6 years. It has been a great home and haven't had one problem yet. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:26 AM

3,990 posts, read 10,376,054 times
As an inspector, they get an "A" from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary