Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:24 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,677,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmflan View Post
I hope you don't think all southerners are disengenuous. I always heard "well bless you heart" in the kindest and sincerst of tones. Frankly, I can't wait to hear it again.
hey sug, well bless your heart,

Honestly do not be offended, if you were religious they would want to invite you to Church and sunday breakfast etc. And maybe when they found you were not religious, well they lost their footing of common ground, just a thought.
And you will not shock us, we can handle it. Tho I have not asked anybody their religion preference, .......and do not mention mine unless I am invited to Church with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 05:56 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,238,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealevel View Post
Not only is it possible but, depending upon the number of people employed by the company, it may be completely legal.
When the "faith based charity" initiative was instituted, I know there was a brouhaha because the charities could discriminate even though they were receiving federal tax dollars; i.e., if you don't believe like we do, even though you're the qualified candidate, we don't have to hire you.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:16 PM

238 posts, read 227,163 times
I see no harm in someone asking where you attend services. Just be honest and tell them you don't. Even better, you could say that you went to an Episcopal school for blank many years and now you are presently not attending. If you hate religion, move to New York City.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:59 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,650,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainmom View Post
I see no harm in someone asking where you attend services. Just be honest and tell them you don't. Even better, you could say that you went to an Episcopal school for blank many years and now you are presently not attending. If you hate religion, move to New York City.
Now why would you tell someone this? There are religious people in NYC as well as NC, and it is as rude to them as it is to the many fine people in both places that don't feel presured into going to church.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:11 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,065,126 times
Wow, you're going to tell the people of NYC, who lived through 9-11, that they are religion haters? What's up that THAT? How very Christian of you, Jesus would be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary