U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 AM

5,652 posts, read 16,852,322 times

Advertisements

I agree that it is not fair to judge a house soley by the exterior. However, if I'm looking for a mid-century modern then I won't even consider a colonial or federal. I don't care how nice it looks on the outside or how many upgrades are inside.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 09:57 AM

1,995 posts, read 7,585,895 times
I think that is true to an extent. I looked at a home in my very neighborhood (resale) that was very nice inside but was very unappealing outside. We skipped it because it would have been too much work to try to change the exterior (color,shutter,siding)

Old 02-20-2007, 01:02 PM

85 posts, read 322,197 times
Smile seeling your house in nc

Since there seems to be so many transplants moving there I would say pictures, pictures, pictures! I am planning a move to the "triangle" area. I am looking at Apex, Cary, and Holly springs. Since I havent yet made a trip there, I am currently looking at houses on line. There are only so many houses we can look at during our visit, so we would try to narrow them down beforehand. So I would suggest great picture, not just of the inside, but the backyard, or frontyard, (we havent seen to many of those picture), or a street view. I guess basically remembering not everyone looking at the houses may have been to the area yet.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:27 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,400,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emme313 View Post
I am currently looking at houses on line. There are only so many houses we can look at during our visit, so we would try to narrow them down beforehand. So I would suggest great picture, not just of the inside, but the backyard, or frontyard, (we havent seen to many of those picture), or a street view. I guess basically remembering not everyone looking at the houses may have been to the area yet.
This is an excellent point. And I would request that the realtor hire a professional for the photos. Some of the online photos I've seen are terrible and blurry. Just because I have a digital camera doesn't mean I'm qualified to shot your house.

Good luck!

Old 02-20-2007, 06:34 PM

237 posts, read 997,839 times
funny you should mention that PDX Mom. We just contacted our realtor last night saying we wanted better pictures on the website. Especially now that the blinds are all up. I have to say, it makes a HUGE difference. The house seems so much more cozy, homey, finished with the blinds. Guess we just took care of a big expense for the person that buys this house.

Photographer is coming tomorrow. If anyone wants to give me feedback on the house/listing, PM me and I'll send you a link. I welcome all feedback. Thanks guys!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:35 PM

136 posts, read 732,455 times
We are doing the same thing for the house in Clayton. Moved down in June. House was listed in October due to family circumstances. TONS of upgrades. Wood blinds. The builder doesn't put gutters on his homes, so they were added. Among MANY other upgrades including bathroom fixtures, ect.

We've had A LOT of traffic in and out of the house, we have just had no luck. It has to sell soon. For our benefit. Everybody says its priced right and its bound to go.. but it still hasn't. HOPEFULLY soon!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:35 AM

237 posts, read 997,839 times
I remember when we sold our house up north. It is so frustrating to consistently see people view your house, be told it is priced right but not get any offers. I think patience is key and to not take the rejection personally. There is a buyer for every house, just sometimes it takes longer than we would like. When we did finally get an offer, it was for asking price so it all worked out in the end. Good luck selling your house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojoe315 View Post
We are doing the same thing for the house in Clayton. Moved down in June. House was listed in October due to family circumstances. TONS of upgrades. Wood blinds. The builder doesn't put gutters on his homes, so they were added. Among MANY other upgrades including bathroom fixtures, ect.

We've had A LOT of traffic in and out of the house, we have just had no luck. It has to sell soon. For our benefit. Everybody says its priced right and its bound to go.. but it still hasn't. HOPEFULLY soon!

Old 03-11-2007, 11:03 AM

136 posts, read 732,455 times
Thanks for your best wishes! Fingers crossed up here that it sells down there.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 PM

106 posts, read 485,041 times
My husband and I are looking for a home in Holly Springs... which neighborhood are you in?

Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 PM

579 posts, read 2,782,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersGirl36 View Post
My husband and I are looking for a home in Holly Springs... which neighborhood are you in?
this thread is almost a year old. I hope by now they sold it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary