Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:44 PM

250 posts, read 1,242,958 times

Advertisements

Looking for a specialty running shoe store relatively close to my home in West Cary. I'm not interested in a chain such as Omega Sports, as I am really looking to interact with staff who know running and running shoes inside and out. I'm also looking for a store that carries a variety of brands (e.g., not just New Balance). I've checked other threads and although Fleet Feet in Carrboro looks like it might work for me, I'm interested in something closer. Anyone know of any other options?

Been relying on replenishing my shoe needs in conjunction with return visits to Boston. But now's the time to make the break and establish a new relationship with a running store here. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 03:46 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,119,681 times
There's a Fleet Feet in Raleigh on Wade Avenue next to Whole Foods.

9th Street Active Feet in Durham is also probably not too far a drive for you.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:58 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,086,901 times
Omega Sports in North Hills.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:56 PM

76 posts, read 194,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Omega Sports in North Hills.

Ummmm.........the OP wanted something near West Cary and specified they did not want Omega Sports.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:59 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,086,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Jedi View Post
Ummmm.........the OP wanted something near West Cary and specified they did not want Omega Sports.
Sorry I missed that but my wife is hard to fit and received really careful and expert service there.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:01 PM

76 posts, read 194,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Sorry I missed that but my wife is hard to fit and received really careful and expert service there.

No prob. I figured you missed it and thought you might have another option for them.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:43 PM

96 posts, read 476,431 times
Ninth Street Active Feet. Its an awesome store. Just got fitted a 2nd time after a gap of 5 years. Fixed my shin split issue. I got an Etonic, which isn't available at all of the FinishLine type stores.

When I had gone previously, the owner sent me back with a pair of insoles saying my shoes had plenty of life left and he was right. They lasted another 6-8 months after that. And I was ready to buy a shoe costing 100ish at that time. He sent me back with an insole. So, he isn't just interested in making money.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM

983 posts, read 3,972,028 times
My husband & I were just at 9th Street Active Feet today (it's actually at 725 Iredell St., Durham--they've moved). DH was last fitted 8 years ago, and just resumed running. He bought some Asics from ShoeBuy.com--thought they were really good shoes....but he's developing plantar fasicitis (sp?), shin splints, and aggrevating his knee. Went there today and his shoes were all wrong--he's now wearing a pair of Brooks.

Their employees all have BS degrees in Sports Medicine and the like, and most are runners, so they know their stuff. A fitting takes a minimum of an hour--they examine your gait, stance, even the bottom of your feet! They are very thorough and will go through 2 dozen pairs of shoes, if needbe, to find the pair you need.

http://www.9thstactivefeetinc.com/

Old 09-29-2008, 05:39 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,725,897 times
Try Bull City Running near Southpoint. Google them and you will get there website and blog.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:01 AM

5 posts, read 19,117 times
Inside Out Sports, triathlon store w/ a great running shoe selection. Corner of Cary Parkway and James Jackson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary