Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 AM

65 posts, read 266,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes4birds View Post
I agree that we are a nation that's too sensitive about speach. However, PC has nothing to do with facts. Your comments are purely based on your personal feelings and opinions and have nothing to do with facts.

In general, immigrants are not a problem. Politicians and the press make it appear to be a problem. If you do some research, you will find that immigrants actually boost our economy. They work for low wages, lower than many spoiled Americans would be willing to work for, and when they make purchases they pay taxes just like you and me. So their dollars are flowing through the economy just like yours and mine. And, since they are not eligible for a lot of things that citizens are, they are not sucking up resources like many would like to think. Immigrants being a problem is fiction and just a ploy for politicians to get you think it's a problem so you will think they're doing something about it.

In fact, a report by the Executive Office of the President Council of Economic Advisers states, in its first sentence that, "Our review of economic research finds immigrants not only help fuel the Nation's economic growth, but also have an overall positive effect on the income of native-born workers."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/cea/cea_im...ion_062007.pdf

This report, by the way, takes into account both illegal and legal immigrants.

I apologize to the OP for hijacking the thread, but I am sick of people who spread misinformation regarding immigrants, illegal or otherwise. We tend to forget how most of us got here and where we would be if our ancestors hadn't brought their families here.
If you are an illegal immigrant you are a criminal. period! I am a legal immigrant myself so......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 01:28 PM

331 posts, read 1,311,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Huh??? How many rapes are committed by females?????
Think before you write!!
I was not referring to just rapes....,and you would be surprised how many rapes do include women committing the crime.

And I do think before I write....

Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,818,101 times
Knowing the way the "justice" system works, the homeowners where the party was being held will be the ones sued for this instead of the little criminal himself.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:38 PM

114 posts, read 373,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
And on the bright side, it was so nice to hear that a good samartian stopped and helped this woman and her husband! Who knows what might have happened it he didn't! While it's a horrible story, it is heartening to read that there is are good people out there willing to risk themselves to help others!
Agreed. Obviously a tragic story but it's possible that it could have been a homicide without this intervention. Or another victim down the line...

Old 09-29-2008, 06:02 PM

836 posts, read 3,469,289 times
I am still reeling from the fact that the TV news last night reported the rape of an "elderly woman" and then learn that she was 65. When did 65 become elderly?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:09 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,543 times
My original post had no baiting towards race at all. Just reporting the breaking story. Why this has become a race issue is beyond me. I've learned long ago, there are good people and there are bad people. Both types come in all shapes, sizes and colors. It should not matter what the race of this worthless human was, just get rid of him and make the world safer for us all.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:05 PM

52 posts, read 142,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1961 View Post
I was not referring to just rapes....,and you would be surprised how many rapes do include women committing the crime.
So how many rapes DO include "women committing the crime"? I'd be very interested in hearing this, plus your source(s). Thanks!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,100,833 times
Would that include stauatory rape? Because there seems to be quite a few of those perptrated by women lately!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:34 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,586,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Oh c'mon - you can't generalize about white teens in Apex! Every city and town has its share of good and bad kids. You cannot say anyone is up to "no good" by the way they look. Judging people by how they look is a dangerous and slippery slope.
Yes, I have to say I actually take offense to that..seeing as my two oldest kids spend a decent chunk of their teen years as "White Apex Teens" and didn't break into houses, rape, or assault anyone or do anything of the sort.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,677,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Anne View Post
So how many rapes DO include "women committing the crime"? I'd be very interested in hearing this, plus your source(s). Thanks!
Women Who Rape
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary