Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:04 PM

42 posts, read 166,373 times

Advertisements

Can anyone shed some light on this incident that occurred in Wake Forest recently? Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 08:07 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyscot View Post
Can anyone shed some light on this incident that occurred in Wake Forest recently? Thanks...
What sort of light is there to shed? That is a wonderful neighborhood...nice homes...it's certainly not low income or trailer trash (most homes run well over 400k) My daughter has several friends that live there and often goes to the pool and for the past three years has been trick or treating there with with them there.

Things happen....they happen in even the best of neighborhoods.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:16 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
Based soley on what I have read in the wake weekly paper, the men lived in crenshaw hall (neighborhood off of old highway 98, near the target shopping center) and they were fighting over a parking issue. One of the men had been drinking, and the argument escalated, they fought, and one guy cut the other guy across the stomach with a pocket knife. They were both treated and released from the hospital. One man was 50 years old and the other was 30 years old (the older of the two cut the younger guy). Charges have not been filed but they expect to file charges on both of the men.

So, that is all that the paper says, and I haven't heard any rumors or news reports either.

Leigh

Old 02-10-2007, 08:41 PM

42 posts, read 166,373 times
Default Thanks

I guess I am paranoid, if I didn't ask, I would wonder. So I'd rather ask and get the answers that you are both giving me.

Moving to a new area is scary, as I am sure you know and I just need confirmation, okay, again and again, that Wake Forest is the place I thought it was when I was down there. Thanks to both of you for putting my mind at ease again!

Old 02-10-2007, 08:52 PM

I was going to reply something like "two guys were drinking and fighting" but that sounded a little bit much like my version of the story, so I stuck to the newspaper's version of it!!!

It seems so silly to me, but I wasn't there! It isn't like the neighborhood has cars parked all over it, it is a nice neighborhood! Maybe the one guy kept parking his junk in the street and the other guy was fed up???? who knows.

You will be safe in wake forest...........just don't park in anyone's yard!

Leigh

Old 02-10-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I was going to reply something like "two guys were drinking and fighting" but that sounded a little bit much like my version of the story, so I stuck to the newspaper's version of it!!!

It seems so silly to me, but I wasn't there! It isn't like the neighborhood has cars parked all over it, it is a nice neighborhood! Maybe the one guy kept parking his junk in the street and the other guy was fed up???? who knows.

You will be safe in wake forest...........just don't park in anyone's yard!

Leigh
I've never seen a junk car there!! LOL!! I know that they are not suppoused to park in the street all the time, and some folks have problems with other cars parked in front of their homes....so I am guessing that is the problem....toss on a few drinks...and people act like the humans they are.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:08 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Does anyone know which street it was on?

I haven't heard of it until now. Did the N&O report on it? Today's paper?

Old 02-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Does anyone know which street it was on?

I haven't heard of it until now. Did the N&O report on it? Today's paper?
It was on trammel court, and I don't read the N&O, so I couldn't tell you! I read about it in the last wake weekly (it is published every thursday).

Leigh

Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Never mind...I found the article. I sold two homes on this particular street. There seems to be some issues between these two guys. I will be calling my clients tomorrow to make sure they are all ok. How stupid can people be? Ok...so I ALMOST said men!!! Vicki

Old 02-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Never mind...I found the article. I sold two homes on this particular street. There seems to be some issues between these two guys. I will be calling my clients tomorrow to make sure they are all ok. How stupid can people be? Ok...so I ALMOST said men!!! Vicki
Why wouldn't they be okay? This was no random voilence of any sort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary