Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 08:39 PM

9 posts, read 31,757 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

First time poster here, and first and foremost want to thank all the people out there who use message forums like this. It really helps to hear people's opinions and suggestions and makes you think of things in different perspectives.

I am currently looking into purchasing a home at Wyndmoor at the Park by Beazer Homes.
Yes I know...its beazer, but so far, i have only seen and heard good things and have tried to stay open minded about their recent troubles and such.

I am curious to know if there is anyone out there who currently lives there or if anyone was really close to purchasing a home there?

There are several things I want to compare and ANY help would be greatly appreciated. For example, what sort of incentives were thrown at you? Were the builders negotiable with the base price of the homes (inventoried or newly constructed)? How is the quality and build designs? should i hire an inspector to inspect the home if i purchase it? are there plans on building any retail shops nearby?

I will be a first time home buyer but with the right techniques and strategy, i feel like it is possible to purchase the home without a real estate agent in a new neighborhood like this.

Again, any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you so much.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 12:01 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times
Use a Realtor - it'll cost you nothing and not using one will not save you a penny. The builder pays out a commission regardless of whether you have an agent w/ you or not. A good agent should be able to help you adress most of your questions about Wyndmoor and the surrounding area.

You should also hire a home inspector. We just bought a new home a couple of months ago and spent $550 for an inspection including radon testing. There was nothing major that came out of the inspection, but they did find a number of little things that the builder fixed for us that we would not have found on our own.

As for the surrounding area, I don't have specifics, but have read that eastern Durham County is expected to see phenomenal growth in the next decade. With a large community like Brightleaf not far away, and more sure to follow, I'd imagine more shopping and dining will be in the works, too.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:16 PM

I was under the assumption that if you don't hire an agent, the commission going to a realtor would actually be able to use towards upgrades or reduce the total amount of your home cost?

Please correct me if i'm wrong on this.
thank you!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummboy23 View Post
I was under the assumption that if you don't hire an agent, the commission going to a realtor would actually be able to use towards upgrades or reduce the total amount of your home cost?

Please correct me if i'm wrong on this.
thank you!
Stand corrected. Maybe sometimes a small builder might do something like that for you, but a big builder such as Beazer is only going to hurt themselves by offering discounts to people not using agents.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM

27 posts, read 64,634 times
Hi Drummboy23... I am Realtor and I get this question all the time. There is MANY moving parts to a transaction and you really do want to have representation on all of it. If not, you could be getting taken. The on-site agents are not representing you, even if they write out the offer to purchase for you. They ONLY work for the builder. They should disclose this, but I myself have gone with friends to check out new communities and have seen many of these on-site agents ignore disclosing agency. This means they say "Hey I represent the builder's or seller's interest only." I hate to admit this, but a lot them want both sides of the commission and fail to say disclose. And it makes me steaming mad! The buyer does not pay the buyer's agent. The commission is paid by the builder or seller. Get a Realtor! You won't be sorry!.

Last edited by JUST$OLD; 10-01-2008 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Forgot to make another point

Old 10-01-2008, 07:50 PM

i wouldnt mind looking for a Realtor...u have a good track record buddy? :-p
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary