Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2007, 09:22 PM

137 posts, read 606,987 times

Advertisements

I'm at wit's end... the only way my hair looks decent is with a somewhat short flat-top, and I'm having trouble finding a good barbershop that can cut a good flat-top for me in eastern Wake County (Knightdale/Wendell area, specifically). I've been to two places in Knightdale so far, I found both of them to be agonizingly slow, and I don't have 2 or 3 hours to sit in a barbershop and wait for a haircut (yes, I really have had to wait over 2 hours, while watching just 4 people ahead of myself get haircuts)!

Who does a good flat-top at a reasonable price? My work schedule makes it hard to find the time to get a haircut, but I don't mind being an hour late once in a while if I can get a good haircut and not have to spend an entire morning waiting in queue. I'd prefer to find a place closer to Knightdale, but I'll drive 15 minutes to downtown or North Raleigh or wherever if it saves me a two hour wait! LOL

P.S. I was once told that "you know you are settled when you find a place where you know you can get a good haircut"... I don't think I'm settled yet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 09:27 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
If you can get a chance to go near the NCSU campus, the Man-Mur barbershop on Hillsborough Street has a good long reputation that sounds like what you're looking for.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:44 AM

473 posts, read 1,736,761 times
Not sure where in Wake County you are looking for but I know in downtown Fuquay-varina there are a few good old fashioned barbers that know their stuff. Most are $10 cuts.

I would also recommend (if you don 't mind a salon) Bella Salon which is located in the Shoppes on Main in FV as well. And they are $10 cuts for men.

And most "chain" places aren't so hot but you might find one that does a good job if you check around and if you can withstand a few bad haircuts until you find a good stylist.

Linda

Old 02-11-2007, 04:59 PM

Thanks... the Man-Mur place sounds like something I'd have in mind, just so long as I don't have to endure a 3 hour wait again. LOL I'll give it a try!

Old 02-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Just a final wrap up on this thread... I went to Man-Mur this morning and it was exactly what I've been looking for! Friendly service, a great haircut (just how I wanted it) and I was in and out of there in about 20 minutes. I know where I'll be going from now on. Thanks Rob!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary