Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 AM

6 posts, read 14,339 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.. right now we are house hunting and we like CLayton. we are looking for more home and more land for our money.. I would like to live in a subdivision with tree lined streets my hubby wants to live some place with a little more then an acre.. anyone know how we can met together on this.
I have read a lot about Glen Laurel.. any recommendation?

looking for 4bedroom 2.5 bath 1acre (basement would be nice) 450K would be great...THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 03:23 PM

106 posts, read 344,097 times
glen laurel is beautiful, i don't know if you can an acre though.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:48 PM

396 posts, read 1,105,218 times
Good luck finding a basement in the triangle--there may be some, but I don't think the land in the area is really suited for it. I think we saw one during our house hunting.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:51 PM

335 posts, read 800,880 times
Did a quick search online using a well-known real estate site and found quite a few houses in the Clayton area on +1 acre with basements, older ones starting in the mid-250s, newer ones in the mid-350s. Looks like you have quite a few possibilities to me. If my fiance and I didn't work in RTP, I'd consider checking them out for myself, as we want an acre and a basement too. But having a longer commute isn't worth it to us, especially because we both work long hours.

Good luck house hunting, and have fun!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 AM

114 posts, read 430,083 times
I have a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath 2600 sq ft on 5 acres I am renting I would be willing to sell. It is located in Flower's Plantation.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:33 AM

294 posts, read 829,298 times
Park at West Lake in the Heritage has a basement with .6 acres for around $459,000. Search Bedford Ridge Road on FMrealty DOT com. I believe it's going to be a parade house.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:53 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryams98 View Post
Hello everyone.. right now we are house hunting and we like CLayton. we are looking for more home and more land for our money.. I would like to live in a subdivision with tree lined streets my hubby wants to live some place with a little more then an acre.. anyone know how we can met together on this.
I have read a lot about Glen Laurel.. any recommendation?

looking for 4bedroom 2.5 bath 1acre (basement would be nice) 450K would be great...THANKS!!
Depending on where you will be working,you'll have plenty of options in Clayton. Looking for an acre lot WILL confine you to either the Johnston County/Clayton area or perhaps Granville County.

Keep in mind that alot of Clayton was farmland before being developed into neighborhoods so there are lots without trees, as well.

Basements aren't impossible to find but since we don't dig them out but use a sloping lot, they are a challenge to find but definitely possible.

Glen Laurel is one of my favorite Clayton neighborhoods...the house on LaFoy meets your critieria.

Neuse Colony also has a house w/basement for $285,000 and it is also "waterfront". I have clients that puchased a home in there and absolutely love the neighborhood and the schools.

Timberlake, custom built by James Gilbert has a basement house with an acre, brand new for $315K. I sold a house in there and James Gilbert is a doll to work with. He will go out of his way to make sure the buyers are happy. And my client wasn't the most easygoing person!

A new neighborhood called Cassedale which I have never heard of has a house on Crestdale Drive.

I also saw one in Taft Woods.

So, they are out there. As your Agent to do a search, using the criteria you want. I'd start with what you really want and if those don't work, you'll need to expand your critiera. The basement is going to keep your list short but if you really want it, get it. You should be able to do that in your price range.

Start with a lender in this area. I just recently had buyers that had to switch lenders because their choice all of a sudden had issues! SunTrust seems to be able to get loans for buyers and I am keeping my lenders busy!!!

We have a huge inventory of beautiful homes! Enjoy!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary