U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 PM

675 posts, read 1,724,938 times

Advertisements

...so my wife and I have been trying to figure out: What the heck are those two buildings being built on the corner of Route 54 and Fayetteville on the same corner as the Kroger plaza? Clearly commercial space of some kind.

We hope whatever they're for, they include at least two of the following: ABC Store, Post Office, Chick-fil-A.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 05:51 AM

55 posts, read 166,735 times
My vote is for an ABC store or a post office but it's doubtful :-/

Old 10-08-2008, 05:57 AM

1,364 posts, read 5,751,976 times
ABC Store? Is it really too far to go to 55 and Sedwick?

What is the typical expectation in these parts for proximity to an ABC Store?

Same goes for Chick Fil-A! I was thinking the other day, there are no fewer than 3 Chick Fil-A restaurants within a 3 mile radius right in that area...one at 751 and Renaissance Pkwy, one on 54 between Barbee and 55, and one in Southpoint mall.

Aren't we being a little lazy?

I will agree on a post office, though.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 AM

405 posts, read 1,680,726 times
Ha! I'll bet you $100 it's another mattress store... because you know we need another one of those in our area, right?

Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
Same goes for Chick Fil-A! I was thinking the other day, there are no fewer than 3 Chick Fil-A restaurants within a 3 mile radius right in that area...one at 751 and Renaissance Pkwy, one on 54 between Barbee and 55, and one in Southpoint mall.

Here's my thoughts on the 3 Chick-Fil-As. The one on 54 gets all the RTP lunch crowd. Have you been by there at lunch.... crazy busy. The Mall one.... gets well the mall folks. The one on Renaissance gets all the people who live near Southpoint who either want to use the drive through and doesn't want to/ doesn't have time to zip over to 54 and it gets A LOT of traffic on the weekends from people traveling 40.... easy on easy off. BTW, none of them are hurting for business so it seems 3 are justified.

But the new building is probably another drug store of some sort. Personally I'm hoping for a Fresh Market or something of that nature... but a post office would be GREAT, even though there is packing and mailing place in the Woodcroft Shopping center which is not too far.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:15 PM

ABC Store on 55 is a pain to get to, especially in rush hour at the end of the day. That store is practically in the middle of nowhere. I don't know how the state/county hands out ABC licenses, but if population base is any justification, they could definitely use one at this new site. Or even in the big new Teeter Plaza. After getting built so quickly, businesses are certainly taking their time moving into the units.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 PM

159 posts, read 575,411 times
I'm just hoping there are more than two parking spaces at those buildings. The plot seems VERY small for two businesses with parking. DH and I have pondered this for months. And getting in and out will require car aerobics!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza27713 View Post
I'm just hoping there are more than two parking spaces at those buildings. The plot seems VERY small for two businesses with parking. DH and I have pondered this for months. And getting in and out will require car aerobics!
Yeah, that's another thing. I just assumed they wouldn't add to the craziness of that intersection and put the access to those buildings through the Kroger parking lot. But now I'm not so sure.

So, aside from all the speculation on exactly how many Chick-fil-As and ABCs SW Durham needs, does anyone actually KNOW anything about what's going in there?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:49 AM

847 posts, read 3,351,703 times
Hoping for a PO! Although they are already expanding the one at Shannon Rd.

You can keep an eye on the permits here:
http://ldo.durhamnc.gov/durham/ldo_web/ldo_main.aspx

ETA: Enter the address after clicking on the Application/Permit link on the left.

Address is 6408/6412 Fayetteville

(I don't see any telling info there now.)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM

Thanks for that link. No info about these buildings, but we are able to see the progress of the permits for our new house being built!

So, those buildings on the corner of Fayetteville and 54 are getting closer and closer to completion. Still no idea what they're going to be? I wonder if they'll sit empty like so much of the space in the new Teeter plaza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary