U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:25 PM

140 posts, read 400,673 times

Advertisements

There are a bunch of coupons online many that don't make the papers.. Goggle the name of the store with the word coupons (ie: Macy's coupon's or codes ) and you will get some. One good site also is
Mrrebates.com if you shop on line .. they list the store and you get rebates I recently purchased a TV and got a 3% rebate from MrRebates.. We are also coming into the holiday season and if you want to see the after thanksgiving or the pre-christmas sales BEFORE they hit the papers
goggle "Black Friday Ads"and that will get you started from place to place. I have more fun looking for coupons than I do using them. Some you use online and others you can print out..have fun
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 08:38 PM

30 posts, read 112,525 times
I think that the best place to find all (or almost all) coupons online is Grocery Coupons, Coupons, Free Samples, Online Coupons, Restaurant Coupons . This site searches the internet and puts all the sites and downloads in one place. They do require you to register, but they don't send a bunch of junk mail. Also, moneymailer.com has a lot of local coupons as well.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 PM

850 posts, read 3,519,880 times
GREAT coupon links..thanks everyone. When we have a project we're doing and need a Home Depot/Lowes trip...we will usually buy the coupons on Ebay. You can get several 10% or more off for a few bucks. I'm guessing you can do this with most retailers (find coupons on Ebay).

Lauren

Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 PM

8,269 posts, read 24,120,348 times
I've read that many stores no longe raccept internet generated coupons because of rampant fraud. Is that true?

Old 10-11-2008, 04:54 PM

426 posts, read 1,437,024 times
I love couponing and bargain hunting. The News and Observer has pretty good coupons. I got a 52 week Sunday only sub for $1 p/w (promo code sc13).

taylortownpreview.com gives you a preview of what cpns to expect on any particular Sunday. Cpns varies from one paper to another, I find the preview about 80% accurate for the N&O. The latest preview is usually listed by Thursday.

My favorite sites for printed coupons are coupons.com, wow-coupons.com and smartsource.com Some stores stopped accepting these due to fraud (big issues recently with high dollar fraudulant cpns distributed via Facebook). Lowes Foods and Harris Teeter still accepts them. I read on another message board that Food Lion stopped accepting them as of last week. Im not sure about Kroger.

I second, third or is it fourth buying cpns from Ebay. I do it ALL the time. Last week I bought 20 each of 75c/1 Smithfield Bacon, 55c/1 Eggo, 55c/1 Hillshire Farms and 55c/1 Arnold bread for only $4.42 shipped. Potentially that $4.42 could save me over $60. I actually used some of these during the Lowes Foods triples this week and I got (12) Eggo Waffles, (12) Smithfield Bacon, (4) Hillshire Deli Meat and (2) Arnold Breads for $20 (without sale prices, coupons it would have cost $90).

Quote:
Also, Harris Teeter will accept competitor's coupons such as those fabulous coupon books BJ card members receive in the mail.
Unfortunately Harris Teeter changed their policy on this earlier this week. As per their new policy

Quote:
We gladly accept local competitors’ circular or direct-mail coupons for MONEY OFF THE TOTAL ORDER; we do not take competitor’s coupons for money off specific items.
I also bought a citipass coupon book for a school fundraiser last months. Has tons of great local coupons Greater Raleigh Citipass - Home

HTH!

ETA- If you shop at SuperTarget they offer printable coupons on their site which can be combined with manufacturer coupons. Last month I stocked up on the family sized Tyson chicken nugget bags for only $2.50 each.

Quote:
Home Depot will accept Lowe's Home Improvement coupons too!
They will accept $/$ Ace Hardware coupons as well.

There is SO much savings to be had if you just put in a bit of effort. We were able to go to the beach and mountains this year bec of my "frugality" LOL

Last edited by MammaLakn; 10-11-2008 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-13-2008, 12:13 AM

8 posts, read 16,275 times
I get my coupons in the Sunday Herald Sun. Best grocery prices tend to be at Food Lion and Kroger. I traded in my frequent flier airline Visa card for a Kroger Master Card which is free and low interest rate (I pay it all off each month any way). You earn "Kroger Dollars" which are sent to you quarterly. I receive between $200-$300 in Kroger Dollars each quarter! Plus if you use this card at a Kroger gas station you save .15 a gallon.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:18 AM

110 posts, read 437,654 times
Coupon Codes, Promotional Codes and Discounts at CurrentCodes.com for all your online shopping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary