Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:08 PM

26 posts, read 62,090 times

Advertisements

Daydreamzz, we might just have to go checkout Blinkos. I've been very cautious as most of my casual wardrobe consists of Sabres wear.

Oh, and they won last night in a SO. If I recall correctly, the Canes lost the nite before. Seriously though, the standings show these teams are pretty even (92 to 90 pts).

Gee, I wonder if I can stir up as much trouble because I have a Molson jersey too. Canadian beer is almost unheard of down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 AM

5 posts, read 14,261 times
The best thing about Blinco's is they serve Garbage Plates! And I believe they have Labatt Blue in bottles.
Buffalo Brothers on Capital Blvd has good wings & is the official bar of the Raleigh-Durham chapter of Bills Backers. Lots of fun but be sure to get there before noon on a game day if you want to get a seat.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:41 AM

Garbage Plates? Ah, just like having Nick Tahou's in the south.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:54 PM

120 posts, read 497,487 times
Hey hey canes fans- lets not be haters! I'm a good natured fan I just want to watch me games =) Some peoples behavior might warranty a bad reputation for some fans but I really think that you'll find that with sports teams anywhere. That being said I guess Buffalo fans are pretty diehard but that's just because we love our teams! (what else do you have in Buffalo?

Old 10-12-2008, 05:29 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,552,748 times
garbage plates.....oh the memories. The garbage plate is dead now though...here in Rochester and abroad, ever since the original nick tahous in the city closed. I shed no tears though......only if Abbots or Dinosaur BBQ close will I then lose all faith in humanity (or atleast food). BTW just a heads up, wings in NC for the most part are very sub-par with what you'd be used to being from WNY. The lone exception that we took note of when we lived down there was 'Em Are Wings' off 55 in Apex. It's a whole in the wall-type joint that actually serves up really good wings. No sabres or bills games though because it is really more of a southern salloon type place...but with really good wings (just don't try the Sharon Harris no matter how much of a man you think you are. lol)

Old 10-12-2008, 06:31 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,537,460 times
stupid sabres fans.

go home.

lol

Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 AM

LOL @ the Sharon Harris. I 'll keep that in mind.

I miss Dinosaur BBQ - every time I wanted to go it was too long of a wait so I didn't get there often. I definitely haven't found anyplace as good as Abbots.

Geez, may have to do all this when I go back for a visit next month. Still working on selling the house.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:34 AM

754 posts, read 1,689,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeisnotmyname View Post
The behavior of the players was not much better, chipping the home teams good luck coin out of the ice before the game.

Really, it was not that long ago, and many of us have not forgotten it.
Actually, you have forgotten. Ryan Smyth of the Oilers did that. The Slugs suck but they can't be blamed for everything.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:32 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,552,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtittus View Post
LOL @ the Sharon Harris. I 'll keep that in mind.

I miss Dinosaur BBQ - every time I wanted to go it was too long of a wait so I didn't get there often. I definitely haven't found anyplace as good as Abbots.

Geez, may have to do all this when I go back for a visit next month. Still working on selling the house.
You moved down there without selling your house? Ouch. Where is it?

Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,577 times
Default places to watch Sabres

I would also recommend Blinco's & Buffalo Bros. Both do have many Buffalo specialties and have canadian beer. Last time I was Buffalo Bros they had Canadian & Blue on tap. Both places are owned by Buffalo-area transplants. Additionally, many of the bars in the Triangle have the center ice package since not all the Canes games are carried on Fox Sports South (they have increased the # of games this season to about 65, which is an improvement over only 55 games/season on local TV). But I do agree - it's the best $160/year I spend to be able to watch the games at home all season.

If you go to a Canes game, you will see at least a couple people with Sabres stuff on, no matter who the opponent is. Yes, the series was only 2 years ago, and those that say it's Sabres fans as a whole that cause the issue are as ignorant as the group of Sabres fans that acted like idiots (yes, I was there for games 1 & 7, but it's not a smart idea to give out pint glasses). I've been living in the area for a year and as long as you are knowledgable and respectful of hockey, their team & the arena as most Sabres fans are, the Canes fans will respond kindly. Yes, I get a little trash talk from them, but it's all in good fun. So go ahead and wear your Sabres gear!

And Canes fans, if you ever want to shut a Sabres fan up just tell them you won the Stanley Cup! You have one thing they don't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary