Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:10 PM

102 posts, read 271,217 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the replies. As I stated earlier we are also interested in Scottsdale. Planning a trip to Scottsdale this summer and hopefully Cary in the fall. You are right that Scottsdale is priced higher than Cary, at least 40% higher. Its very similar to the pricing in my county in NY but with much lower taxes. Anyway, Ive done some research and definitely want to stay with Cary and Green Hope HS in particular. I found a couple of new home sites: Cary Park Custom Homes and Burkhurst West that fit my bill. Anyone familiar with these and the surrounding neighborhood? The houses are a little big, around 3700 sq ft plus, but they look very nice from their web sites. I guess if I can get a bigger house for my money, Id be stupid to look away. I can alway higher a cleaning lady.

Thanks, AL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 04:17 PM

647 posts, read 3,340,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Here is a Pic of What I believe is a Vessel Bath Vanity:

No offense to anyone who has something like this, but I agree with Mike J. I am not a big fan of them and they seem a bit "trendy" for my taste.
Oh! Ok. Thanks!

I kind of like the look, though I don't know that I'd get one in my own house b/c of the trend factor.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:28 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
Oh! Ok. Thanks!

I kind of like the look, though I don't know that I'd get one in my own house b/c of the trend factor.

I've thought of putting a small one in the half bath when we remodel our basement...I sort of like the old fashioned look (pitcher and bowl)...but only because in a half bath it could be easily updated if the time comes.

Don't know though...we'll just have to see when it comes down to finding one that will fit.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,371 times
We too are looking into moving back to the Triangle - We've been gone for 15years and so much has changed. Any ideas about where to find a kid-heavy neighborhood in the $600,000+ price range? I'd like to avoid the Wakefield/Cary Park thing, but it looks like that is where most of the young families are.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:56 PM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Painted appliances will take back the market. Personally I like white on white appliances, but then I prefer a kitchen that is light and airy, where so many folks prefer dark. But I think the white appliance will always be with us. And I hear from many people that they appreciate the ease of keeping painted appliances clean.

For counters I would likely take quartz or even Corian hands down over granite. I like the molded-in sink in Corian vs. the bacteria spawner of the underslung sink.
Don't even get me started on those nasty vessel bath vanities. Thank goodness the designers are starting to phase them out. Although it makes me wonder what they can design that will be even more poorly conceived.
I'm not convinced people are going to go back to painted appliances so soon. Old always becomes new again - but in the case of painted appliances I think it's too soon. I agree - I think we'll see something new to replace stainless as the standard upgrade. My hunch is maybe floating glass. Jenn-air has a whole collection - http://www.jennair.com/catalog/floating_glass_suite.jsp

It's too expensive now - but that's how stainless started. Only the pros had it and then the consumer end appliance manufactures started to offer it.

As for counter tops - I really don't think Corian is much of an advancement. I mean - it's been around forever. In the house we just sold we had granite counter tops and a Corian bar table. The Corian was always getting scratched. Sure you could sand it away and polish it up again - but our granite was nearly indestructible. Sure you have to seal granite once a year - but beyond that - we found it awesome to live with (and we love to cook). I can see how maybe someone would consider Silestone (quartz) over granite - but not Corian.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:42 AM

102 posts, read 271,217 times
Default What's wrong with Cary Park?

ralnative,

I'm just curious why you don't like Cary Park Custom Homes. They look to be very well built, in a very nice community and selling for a reasonable price. Is it the lack of property?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralnative View Post
We too are looking into moving back to the Triangle - We've been gone for 15years and so much has changed. Any ideas about where to find a kid-heavy neighborhood in the $600,000+ price range? I'd like to avoid the Wakefield/Cary Park thing, but it looks like that is where most of the young families are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary