Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,960,165 times

Advertisements

The Frank Porter Graham Child Development Center has a very good integrated preschool program for special needs children. General enrollment is by lottery, and the school year starts in August, although they do have occasional openings during the course of the year as well.

http://www.fpg.unc.edu/childcare/ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,751 times
Default Another suggested center ...

For the poster concerned about sanitation, the NC Division of Child Development shows the score for each center. The only one I'm personally familiar with that has an exceptional score is Children's University of Chapel Hill. Here is a link to their website ...

Children's University of Chapel Hill: Welcome to our Five Star Preschool / Child Care Center

You can check out all the ratings at the NC DCD site by searching for child care in your area:

NC Div of Child Development- Searching Resources in Child Care

Old 10-30-2008, 10:17 AM

842 posts, read 2,587,046 times
Default It Is What It Is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You did a walk through, my child was actually there for a year
Yes, we did a walk through which is a common practice when you first go there inquiring about the faucility. On that particular day during the summer when we went there, the room to the front that was pointed out to us as the day care center was a bit filthy.

Now, I do not know if classes were in during that period or not, but I fail to see why I would somehow make this up, since I too went there with the intention of possibly enrolling my 3 year old there. I somehow get the impression that I am being absurd for stating what I actually observed. Regardless of whom went there for a year or even two years the fact still remains true about what I saw while touring the faucility, as even the lady conducting the tour seem a bit taken a back regarding the state of the room

Old 10-30-2008, 11:12 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Yes, we did a walk through which is a common practice when you first go there inquiring about the faucility. On that particular day during the summer when we went there, the room to the front that was pointed out to us as the day care center was a bit filthy.

Now, I do not know if classes were in during that period or not, but I fail to see why I would somehow make this up, since I too went there with the intention of possibly enrolling my 3 year old there. I somehow get the impression that I am being absurd for stating what I actually observed. Regardless of whom went there for a year or even two years the fact still remains true about what I saw while touring the faucility, as even the lady conducting the tour seem a bit taken a back regarding the state of the room
Its not a year round pre-school.

The Chapel Hill Y Pre School runs on the same calendar as Chapel Hill Public Schools.

I'll leave it to you to figure out if classes were in session or not

As for being absurd, you make a derogatory/inflammatory comment about a very good area pre school based on a single point in time compared to someone who actually observed this center on a daily basis.....

Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,960,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think you've established that you had a very poor impression from your 15 min visit. Another poster had a very positive experience from having their child there for a year. I'll go out on a limb here and say these two pieces of evidence suggest that your experience may have been a statistical outlier at an otherwise fine daycare, and that the original poster might want to go make their own evaluation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary