Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 05:23 AM

6 posts, read 15,107 times

Advertisements

My job is possibly transfereing me to the Raliegh area. My family and I are looking at Holly Springs and Clayton. I have a few questions about these areas.

What are the property taxes like in both areas?

What are the schools like in these areas?

Is there shopping, dining, some entertainment in these areas?

How is the traffic?

Housing seems to be affordable and in my budget in those 2 places, however I would like to rent for a year to get a feel of which area around Raliegh I would ike best. Any info would help and be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,056,214 times
Default Re Relocation

You can learn a lot by googling "Johnston County Tax Records" to find exact taxes for specific properties. Also google "Johnston County Schools." Johnston County leads the state in the number of teen deaths due to crashes, so googling "Johnston County teen deaths" will get you that information. There are many winding rural roads.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:51 AM

76 posts, read 264,484 times
Default Research

I found that going to the town sites helped. Also, in reponse to the prior post, Holly Springs is in Wake County. I have been there for almost 2 years and love it. Worth checking out.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 PM

892 posts, read 3,153,935 times
Both Holly Springs and Clayton have all of which that you inquired, from taxes to traffic. They are two totally different towns imo. You would surely want to visit them both to get that gut feel.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:34 PM

7 posts, read 16,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynxster View Post
My job is possibly transfereing me to the Raliegh area. My family and I are looking at Holly Springs and Clayton. I have a few questions about these areas.

What are the property taxes like in both areas?

What are the schools like in these areas?

Is there shopping, dining, some entertainment in these areas?

How is the traffic?

Housing seems to be affordable and in my budget in those 2 places, however I would like to rent for a year to get a feel of which area around Raliegh I would ike best. Any info would help and be greatly appreciated.

Hi
We have been living in Cary park for the past three years and that comes under the wake county.As you mentioned you are going to rent out for an year, we are planning to put our house on rent.Let me know if you need any help.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:27 PM

18 posts, read 25,671 times
I live in Clayton right outside of Wake county, I guess you could consider it the very tip of Clayton. I love it here. Taxes are not bad at all (depends on the lot size, etc...) and the schools I have heard are great, I do not have any kids of my own so tough for me to answer on that one. However, Clayton is blowing up and they are building everwhere and they just implemented this Clayton By-pass which apparently has cut down a lot of traffic. I have not used it yet as the location of my house does not require its use. 20 min SE of Raleigh and its nightlife and business's. I have been playing with the idea of renting my house out so if you want more info let me know.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,026 times
I live in Cary too, you'll probably love it, convenient to everything. Depends on where you are going to travel to work and then you will be better to decide on where to live. Holly Springs is nice too. Although I second Clayton. I like more of the country feel and much more house for the money. If you have kids - definitely consider Clayton as well as Cary. Clayton is convenient to downtown Raleigh in under a half hour but to RTP it is about 45 mins. People still do the commute for the community feel and housing prices in Clayton. Clayton is smaller than Cary so it feels more like a town. If you prefer a bigger more anonymous city - Cary. Keep in mind Cary schools have traditional and yr round calendars. Clayton only has traditional calendar at this time. Clayton is Johnston County - great schools. Cary is Wake, also known to be great but overcrowded and has a lot of re-zoning often. Good Luck. PM me if you want additional info, I have been here just over a year and have been scouring the areas so I have a good feel for all surrounding towns.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:51 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNational View Post
I live in Clayton right outside of Wake county, I guess you could consider it the very tip of Clayton. I love it here. Taxes are not bad at all (depends on the lot size, etc...) and the schools I have heard are great, I do not have any kids of my own so tough for me to answer on that one. However, Clayton is blowing up and they are building everwhere and they just implemented this Clayton By-pass which apparently has cut down a lot of traffic. I have not used it yet as the location of my house does not require its use. 20 min SE of Raleigh and its nightlife and business's. I have been playing with the idea of renting my house out so if you want more info let me know.
Just out of curiosity, what subdivision is your home in? What other subdivisions are around there? How far are you from White Oaks shopping? I've been trying to find out more about that area (closer to Wake County, but Clayton) but not many ppl know about the s/d by there. Is that zoned for Clayton High?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary