Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:58 PM

474 posts, read 2,191,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
Some unkown gave me the following negative reputation:

"You have gone beyond giving an opinion and have gotten openly insulting. I for one am glad you are NY and are not my neighbor. How do you like them apples?"

Response: The reason why I'm not your neighbor is because I have higher standards.

No one is being bitter or nasty except the "OP" poster. I don't recall the person saying it was his house, and the general cookie cutter type neighborhoods are not the cup of tea of several other posters as well. Sorry if it came as an insult, wasn't meant to be personal.

Check123 believes that copycat styles should be more authentic instead of a facade, and I agree. Doesn't make the poster's choice of homes baaaad. Just different. If someone wants to show off photos of home styles, they can't expect everyone to oooohhhh and aaaaaaahhh about it ... do they need validation? They themselves open up the debate as to style preferences. No need to be so thin skinned, and nasty negative reps. are just that, nasty.

That very same person gave me a red dot negative that was quite nasty, here is what he said:

"Flame ~ You are a sad individual. Glad you aren't my neighbor. Enjoy being bitter? How do you like them apples!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 05:19 PM

480 posts, read 2,828,732 times
Apple Annie,

I deleted your message by mistake before having read it. If you resend I'll be sure to read it this time.

C123

Old 03-25-2007, 07:00 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,663,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
That very same person gave me a red dot negative that was quite nasty, here is what he said:

"Flame ~ You are a sad individual. Glad you aren't my neighbor. Enjoy being bitter? How do you like them apples!"
I got hit by this person as well....lol....I am bitter to! Wow....you disagree with someone and all of a sudden your bitter. Give me brutal honesty over this passive aggressive crud any day.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:22 AM

No worries. I may have lost some points for being honest, but at least I don't have to live in Kitts Creek. No doubt the person who got insulted by our honesty was bamboozled by the builder who told him/her that they were purchasing the real deal. I can almost hear their conversation now...

"Of course Victorian homes are made with vinly siding and particle board. For a extra $5,000 we'll throw in an aunthentic 19th century chandelier from Wal-Mart."

LOL

Last edited by Check123; 03-26-2007 at 05:40 AM..

Old 03-26-2007, 06:05 AM

1,219 posts, read 4,217,017 times
I think these modern homes with Victorian touches are nice. There is a reason that no one builds authentic Victorian homes any more-while beautiful, they were drafty, often had small rooms, often no off-street parking, and didn't have features we appreciate in modern housing. I happen to like modern plumbing and wiring.

They were innovative in their day, but frankly, where I live now (CT) most of them have been chopped up into multifamilies anyhow.

I don't think anyone buying in Kitts Creek thinks they are buying an actual Victorian-clearly, those houses are not 100 years old. They appear to be new houses with some nice touches.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:13 AM

There are certianly much better attempts being made than what's being constructed at the creek. (See attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior Pictures of Kitts Creek in Morrisville-1222.jpg  

Last edited by Check123; 03-26-2007 at 06:23 AM..

Old 03-26-2007, 06:29 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,845,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
I think these modern homes with Victorian touches are nice. There is a reason that no one builds authentic Victorian homes any more-while beautiful, they were drafty, often had small rooms, often no off-street parking, and didn't have features we appreciate in modern housing. I happen to like modern plumbing and wiring.

They were innovative in their day, but frankly, where I live now (CT) most of them have been chopped up into multifamilies anyhow.

I don't think anyone buying in Kitts Creek thinks they are buying an actual Victorian-clearly, those houses are not 100 years old. They appear to be new houses with some nice touches.
They also would only have a bath & 1 half bath, often no bath on the main floor. Plus it is a forutne to restore them, & even to maintain them.
If you are willing & able to commit to an oldie but goodie it is worth it.
We did- once! Now it is time to move on & not have to focus on the house upkeep so much!

BTW Check, where are all these gorgeous homes you are showing us?

Old 03-26-2007, 06:43 AM

38 posts, read 167,221 times
Check 123. . . the homes are NOT sided with vinyl, like many homes around here. Not ALL of them are, as you would say, "faux" Victorian. There are different styles. I was NOT bamboozled by anyone, as I did research and visit many, many homes in the area, both new build and existing. I never even met with the builder, so you are WRONG in you assumption. Actually, the best quality and amenities INSIDE came along with the KC homes. For you to judge and sneer at the expense of people who live in and love the neighborhood is wrong. I don't CARE if it is your opinion. . . it is rude. I guarantee you are making your judgements based on some pictures online and you have NEVER been in the neighborhood, or others in the area for that matter, to see that what you actually get for the money and proximity to RTP and everything else.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:29 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,845,994 times
This is an inelegant comparison- the Kitts Creek houses have to be compared to other area new constructions.

If you have a Toyota budget (or preference!) you do not upset yourself over the things that come standard in a mercedes or jaguar.
I have seen similar criticisms on other threads, where people say the new homes have "no property" -well, newsflash, if you buy in a new construction community up north, the lots will be smaller than if you buy in an established neighborhood, unless of course you have millions to spend.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 AM

959 posts, read 4,492,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
This is an inelegant comparison- the Kitts Creek houses have to be compared to other area new constructions.

If you have a Toyota budget (or preference!) you do not upset yourself over the things that come standard in a mercedes or jaguar.
I have seen similar criticisms on other threads, where people say the new homes have "no property" -well, newsflash, if you buy in a new construction community up north, the lots will be smaller than if you buy in an established neighborhood, unless of course you have millions to spend.
Well said NYer

I for one think the Kitts Creek homes are adorable, especially the Victorian ones It's wonderful that they're making that style accessible to people who don't have the time/resources/ability to invest in an authentic Victorian What I don't understand is people poking fun at beige Cary subdivisions, then turning around and poking fun at colorful Kitts Creek Bottom line - don't make fun of other people's homes - it's where their heart is Very hurtful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary