Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:20 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

There have been quite a few posts in the past about Kitts Creek, so today while I was out at Briar Creek I swung by Kitts Creek to take a few pictures. Hopefully this will help those of you interested get a better idea of what some of the homes in this community look like. I do not know much about the community itself so hopefully others more familair with it will be able to help answer questions about it. I can not post all the pictures I took here, so PM me if you are interested in seeing the rest. These pictures were taken on 2/17/07. It was kind of cold and grey out today so the pictures seem a bit dark.

Picture of Pavilion along the entrance with playground and Information Center in Background

Pictures of a Few Houses

Views Looking Down The Street

Looks Like Construction of The Pool w/ Two Houses in background

View of Home Under Construction

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 09:31 PM

647 posts, read 3,340,965 times
These are awesome! Thank you so much for posting these. The photos you've posted in the past are much appreciated too.

Is Kitts Creek the Martha Stewart community, near the airport? Or am I mixing them up. If it is, did you happen to notice any airport noise?

Old 02-17-2007, 09:35 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
The Martha Stewart homes are in Twin Lakes. They are directly in the airport flight plan. Typically being in the flight plan doesn't bother most people. I think its soemthing you get used to but some folks don't like any type of noise.

Kitts Creek is in the same area but a few miles away from Twin Lakes. As I posted earlier...I received a notice from Kitts Creek that they are having an "inventory sale". Looks like they have some inventory homes that they want to sell...fast!

Vicki

Old 02-17-2007, 09:46 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,462 times
I went to the Kitts Creek website earlier tonight and I think I fell in love, lol.
Just reading everything included in the price.....by the time I would add all those things to, say a Centex or KB home, I'd be paying about the same. Plus with Kitts, you get the whole New Urbanism thing, if you like that kind of neighborhood. Anyway, I thought it looked awesome. Out of my pricerange though.

But that reminds me- They had prices posted for everything but the townhomes. Anyone know what those are starting at? If I could, I'd get in one of those just to get in the neighborhood. Let it appreciate for a few years, then move up.

Thanks for the pics

Old 02-17-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
......did you happen to notice any airport noise?
Boat Drinks,

I did notice a few airplanes taking off in the far distance (See pic below of plane in background) but I didn't find it to be very noticable at all and agree with Vicki that it probably wouldn't bother most folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
..... As I posted earlier...I received a notice from Kitts Creek that they are having an "inventory sale". Looks like they have some inventory homes that they want to sell...fast!
Vicki
Vicki, while I was there taking pictures I noticed a lot of activity at the info center and many people seemed to be driving around looking at the various houses. I also noticed that many of them appeared to be young couples in their 30's and 40's, although I'm sure this area appeals to many age ranges.

Picture of Plane Taking Off In The Distance

Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Great photos, NRG. When you have some extra time...ride through Bedford and find me some pictures of homes that are either beige or tan...need to paint the exterior of my house and I can't decide upon a color!!! Just kidding. I'll drag the hubby out tomorrow with the promise of letting him go to Home Depot to buy something! Vicki

Old 02-18-2007, 07:35 AM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,423 times
I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this - I’m just curious. But if you bought here - wouldn't you be afraid that when it comes time to sell that you've limited yourself to a smaller group of potential buyers that like this unique style?

Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 AM

233 posts, read 860,591 times
My mom was looking at property in that area last year, and at Kitts Creek specifically. While she had to put her plans on hold, Kitts Creek was her favorite, and she stopped and talked to a few homeowners because she wanted real opinions about the proximity to the airport. The people she talked to didn't seem to mind the planes at all and they said that it was really quieter than they expected.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 AM

bta...I agree with you, however; when you buy a home with a master down...you limit yourself to buyers that WANT a master down. When you buy a home with all bedrooms upstairs, you limit yourself to buyers that want all bedrooms upstairs.

Ain't variety great? You can buy a home in Kitts Creek and I can make fun of the silly colors and yet...some buyers love the neighborhood!

My point is this...there are buyers for all types of neighborhoods, all types of homes and all colors of homes.

Too bad NRG didn't include the lavender, blue and yellow home that got me and my clients laughing!!!

That said...Kitts Creek is selling but currently giving some discounts on inventory homes.

Vicki

Old 02-18-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Too bad NRG didn't include the lavender, blue and yellow home that got me and my clients laughing!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary