Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times

Advertisements

I agree that 518 is too loud for a first date.

I'd suggest Taverna Agora on Glenwood. Yummy Greek food and the atmosphere is nice without being too romantic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
I agree that 518 is too loud for a first date.

I'd suggest Taverna Agora on Glenwood. Yummy Greek food and the atmosphere is nice without being too romantic.
You'd have to make sure the person liked Greek food before taking them to a Greek restaurant. Personally I'd rather go to a place that offered more variety.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 PM

181 posts, read 485,535 times
Taverna Agora does indeed have yummy food!

I second the Humble Pie mention, also check out Nofo, & The Pit.

I wouldn't recommend Duck & Dumpling... the tables are close, so it's not especially conducive to conversation. The food is ok, but not great; I agree that the place is overpriced (& overhyped!).

Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM

550 posts, read 1,486,668 times
I think The Point is a great choice. Good variety of prices and foods on their menu. Zely and Ritz will probably wind up a little above your target price range. 518W would be a good choice if it weren't so loud. I'm just not that big of a fan of Irregardless, but not a bad choice if you like their food, and they take reservations, which are key on a Friday or Saturday night.

IMO, Rockford is a great first date place, because I like a first date to be low pressure. It's small, intimate, and pretty cheap ($8 or so for an entree), and the service is slow enough that you can get to know each other over dinner. And if dinner goes well, then off to Blue Martini or Sullivan's for drinks! I don't like a guy to spend a lot on a first date. I paid for the first date with my current beau, even though we only went to Hi-5 on a Tuesday or something like that.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:52 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
I still haven't tried the Irregardless because I'm too much of a grammar nazi!
One of the GREATEST posts on any board, of all time. Great Job!!!

LLN

Old 10-27-2008, 03:18 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
Have you tried Dennys?

You can both share a grand slam!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Have you tried Dennys?

You can both share a grand slam!
IHOP makes a GREAT 1st date, imo! Dairy Queen is better, and if you can impress her w/ your super-dollar savings using the dollar menu at McDonald's, then you have a mate for life!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:48 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times
So when is the date? We want to find out where you went and how you hit it off! Details, man, details!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starla View Post
IMO, Rockford is a great first date place, because I like a first date to be low pressure. It's small, intimate, and pretty cheap ($8 or so for an entree), and the service is slow enough that you can get to know each other over dinner. And if dinner goes well, then off to Blue Martini or Sullivan's for drinks! I don't like a guy to spend a lot on a first date. I paid for the first date with my current beau, even though we only went to Hi-5 on a Tuesday or something like that.
I went to Rockford on a couple of first dates. Of course, I've been married for 9 years now, so that was before Glenwood South was Glenwood South...it was just another block on Glenwood Ave. back then. It was just as great then as it is now. If I took someone there and it obviously wasn't "flashy" enough for them, I'd know they weren't worth a second date!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary