Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 11,254 times

Advertisements

Hello
Greetings to all. Has any one used or using ADT home security in Cary, Morrisville,RTP area?

We are moving to a new townhome in morrisville & interested in knowing personal reviews about ADT. We got a call from ADT Sales rep from Perimeter Park wy, Morrisville ,couple of days ago and he sounded more like a Strict Army official rather than a sales person.

Herez the conversation

Hello. I am so&So calling from ADT to check about the installation on ur new townhome. We would like to setup the date to sign the contract and proceed with security system installation and i can walk you through all options when it is done.

I did manage to pull him back to reality & requested for a Quote first, know all the contract details and then talk about the inst. & move-in.

He seemed to be more toned.. not the sales person tone..

Would appreciate your reviews and feedback if you have used ADT .

Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 06:40 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,137,754 times
I use southern security service for 14.95 a month. They can also install anything you want for really cheap. Basically all security company's contract monitoring out to the same place so all calls get routed to the same place. ADT quoted me 35 per month. Nuts!

They are great if you need a contact # let me know.

website

Southern Security Group Home Page

Old 10-29-2008, 08:28 PM

513 posts, read 1,600,258 times
i have CPI....very easy to deal with. if i didnt already have cpi stuff in the house i would have gone with southern

Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM

19 posts, read 51,356 times
ADT has been great to us for 7 years. And while the quoted price may be high...they WILL negotiate. We pay ~$21/month to secure our 3,000 square foot home. We have spoken to local security companies, but, sorry, they pale in comparison to ADT. And, another thought, a sign out in your yard with an ADT logo does a lot more than an unrecognizable icon from a local joint.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:22 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,547,781 times
$21/month is very reasonable for a monitored system. I've read on here of people paying $35-$40/month and signed a 2 year contract! I pretty much called them idiots for paying so much but they just responded that their family is worth the extra. Extra?!? What extra?? They just couldn't understand that the same service can be had for a lot less. The average rates vary from $15-$25/month. Never pay more than that, though. They are just ripping you off. Period.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:02 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,137,754 times
The alarm itself can be any brand...I have honeywell. I was speaking of the monitoring part. Do you really think having ADT or a local security company (who does not actually monitor, but contracts that out) will have the cops are you place any faster. No way! My point is why pay a higher price when the services provided are the same thing. Its not like the cops say..."oh hey a report from ADT, lets get to this house faster".

Old 10-30-2008, 07:20 AM

451 posts, read 1,648,811 times
Even cheaper is to just put the signs in the front and back yard, and stickers on the windows. That deters the majority of break-ins. After that, it's the illiterates and drug-fueled psychos you have to worry about.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:10 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,083,976 times
Watch out for the commitment on the monitoring contract and its renewal procedure.

Some contacts renew themselves without warning if you do not cancel by certified mail 60 days before the scheduled end. No warning is sent to you.

You can get a no commitment contract if you press hard enough.

Clark Howard suggests you never sign a monitoring contract with a commitment.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 AM

19 posts, read 51,356 times
We have a no commitment with ADT. We're moving to NC this week, and I simply had to give a 30-day notice (via phone) to cancel service. ADT has been very easy to deal with.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:02 AM

892 posts, read 3,151,311 times
I think back in "the day" it was easier to negotiate with the big alarm companies. I have not met anyone lately that signed with ADT or CPI that did not sign a multiple year contract or get gouged at $30+/month. Ten years ago we had ADT and no contract but when we moved and tried to re-establish with them, several ADT dealers refused to waive the contract or negotiate the price. Just like stantheman, we too found a local that treats us right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary