Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 12:44 PM

20 posts, read 44,510 times

Advertisements

My name is Ebony, and I am moving down to the area with my family. My husband and I have 2 girls, 2 boys and came to the durham area 2 yrs ago and fell in love. We found a church in the area, and that is what makes us want to move into the area. In addition, we live in the poorest county in NY, and are ready to move to a place with greater opprtunity as far as jobs and childcare are concerned.

Thus far, I have found a couple of places thru the internet, but it is hard to find out the entire scoop on the entire area by looking at a photo of a home. This is why I need your help. We are leaving the day before thanksgiving and need to live in an area that:

Is close to durham ( Holt school rd. to be exact)- maybe 20-30 mins. away
have good elementary schools and daycares to choose from.
Is safe....No gang activity, shooting, car/home break-ins.....
and has access to gyms, shopping, great jobs.....In short, I want to live in a place that will help us to provide safety and stability to our children. We are a young family just financially starting out...we want to rent at about $850-$950 a month and we do not have good credit....anyone have any idea where I would start? ANY advice is extremely helpful. Thanx in advance

P.S-We have a good rental history and no criminal history, My husband is a minister and has a B.A in Speech communication and will not have a problem getting a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 02:57 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,149,330 times
Sounds like you leaving in a hurry! I would have to say there are more apartments in Raleigh but a quite of few in Durham. You just have to be careful. I have only rented in Raleigh so I can not give you any info. I would recommend checking out rent.com or apartmentratings.com Durham can have spotty crime so you will need to investigate that as well. you can go to the Durham county website and they usually list on a map where crimes have happened. I believe there was a post a few weeks ago on this site with the link. I would recommend visiting the area for a week or so to really see how the neighorhood is like. oh and I think two more exclamation points after your subject might get a response quicker. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: