Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:18 PM

300 posts, read 973,689 times

Advertisements

Just saw a sign that Capitol Bank is going in at the corner of Carpenter Fire Station and Green Level to Durham Rd. In addition, we already have the new Wachovia and First Citizens Bank in the Cary Park Town Center. Do we really need 3 banks in 1 area???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM

945 posts, read 1,973,393 times
Yeah, I thought some people were saying the banks around here were in trouble and not lending. I guess they were wrong.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,866,641 times
A gas station with an ATM would be far more useful on that site; all we need is Bank of America to open on one of the other corners of that intersection to get a full house - no wonder the economy is is such a mess

Old 11-05-2008, 07:09 AM

72 posts, read 212,851 times
Default lol

I saw that driving to Amberly the other day... Seemed a little odd to me too... Of course im with BofA, the one bank not in there .... yet...

Old 11-05-2008, 08:07 AM

300 posts, read 973,689 times
I vaguely remember hearing there were plans to put a Kangaroo (the gas station, not the Australian animal) in the Cary Park Town Center, but that was either canceled or put on hold.

A Super WaWa in there would make me a very happy camper!

Old 11-05-2008, 04:25 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,818,766 times
Residents of Cary Park fought hard against a Gas Station/C-Store in that location.
I guess Highcroft Village had a better idea-put the gas station up before anyone lives there.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,209 times
Cary Park sucks. The HOA sends out complaints about garages that are left open for more than a few inches. I did that for my cats to go in and out. The club house charges $80 a month on top of the regular dues. There's only a pool! I don't know what the heck we are paying for in the winter/fall!
I am outta here soon.

IF you like the freedom don't move to CAry park. Oh by the way, dogs are everywhere and they pee and poop in your lawn and no one ever gets a fine for that.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:09 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,866,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David411 View Post
Cary Park sucks. The HOA sends out complaints about garages that are left open for more than a few inches. I did that for my cats to go in and out. The club house charges $80 a month on top of the regular dues. There's only a pool! I don't know what the heck we are paying for in the winter/fall!
I am outta here soon.

IF you like the freedom don't move to CAry park. Oh by the way, dogs are everywhere and they pee and poop in your lawn and no one ever gets a fine for that.

sorry to read your tale of woe; I am struggling to understand why leaving the garage door open a few inches should be an issue for the HOA unless you have @&*%$'s on the committee with nothing better to do with their lives than sneak around the neighborhood looking for trivia to create unnecessary trouble.

The only benefit of another bank at that corner is that at least the intersection of Carpenter Firestation and Green Level will be improved and the road widened as it has been on the Cary Park Town Center side. Currently that's a dangerous intersection and the sooner it is improved the better, and I can't believe Cary Town Council left it for so long the way it is at the moment just to save a few $$$$'s

Old 11-11-2008, 04:24 PM

4 posts, read 6,186 times
Default mower

Ever see that elderly lady that lives on that corner out on her riding mower? (carp ville/ green level) ... a juxtaposition if I've ever seen one. Wonder what her opinion on what should go in there is.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:49 AM

277 posts, read 798,223 times
I would just love a decent restaurant in there - fingers crossed one comes SOON!

Last edited by NC gal (aka Oregon gal); 11-12-2008 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary