Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,397 times

Advertisements

So my boyfriend is interested in a house in Bahama. It has a nice fenced in yard, but it isn't in a neighborhood. So I don't have a nice place to walk my dog. I am familiar with The Eno, various trails and dog parks through Durham. But, I am looking for areas specifically in Bahama that have nice parks and trails in the area for walking my dog without having to drive too far. Is there anything around Lake Michie or Little River?

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM

715 posts, read 1,039,073 times
Danielle,
We live just north of Bahama, at the main crossroads in Rougemont...and we like Little River Regional Park (a joint venture, 400 acre property acquired by Orange and Durham Counties)- its trails actually straddle both counties. There's a small, paved walking loop with picnic shelters, a 2.5 mile "South" loop and 3.5 mile North loop... both run for a time along the Little River, which eventually becomes the Treyburn-area reservoir just south of Lake Michie (that reservoir you cross over on 501 just south of John Jones Rd. and Bahama Rd.) Anyway, the park also has about 9 miles of mtn bike trails, that can also be hiked (I run on them) -those mtn bike trails are quite 'technical' (lots of rocks) and might be a tall order for some dogs. The north and south trails though are less technical and our miniature dachshund marches right along on those/loves it! FYI, this park is up Guess Rd., another 2 or 3 miles north of the intersection of north Guess Rd. and Mason Rd. Highly recommended. Sorry I don't know of any dog parks in that area, per se. Best,
G.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,395,948 times
Let me ask Scott Riggs to see what he thinks.

Bahama is a really nice country area. It's a little out there, but I can see the appeal as it is what I grew up with.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gball721 View Post
Danielle,
We live just north of Bahama, at the main crossroads in Rougemont...and we like Little River Regional Park (a joint venture, 400 acre property acquired by Orange and Durham Counties)- its trails actually straddle both counties. There's a small, paved walking loop with picnic shelters, a 2.5 mile "South" loop and 3.5 mile North loop... both run for a time along the Little River, which eventually becomes the Treyburn-area reservoir just south of Lake Michie (that reservoir you cross over on 501 just south of John Jones Rd. and Bahama Rd.) Anyway, the park also has about 9 miles of mtn bike trails, that can also be hiked (I run on them) -those mtn bike trails are quite 'technical' (lots of rocks) and might be a tall order for some dogs. The north and south trails though are less technical and our miniature dachshund marches right along on those/loves it! FYI, this park is up Guess Rd., another 2 or 3 miles north of the intersection of north Guess Rd. and Mason Rd. Highly recommended. Sorry I don't know of any dog parks in that area, per se. Best,
G.
Thanks so much gball! Exactly what I am looking for! I am not even aware of the park on Guess Rd. and I grew up right off of St. Mary's!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gball721 View Post
Danielle,
G.
Thanks so much gball! Exactly what I am looking for! I grew up right off of St. Mary's near Guess Rd. and didn't even know about the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Let me ask Scott Riggs to see what he thinks.

Bahama is a really nice country area. It's a little out there, but I can see the appeal as it is what I grew up with.
Thanks Charlton,
It's nice to see you like another area of Durham. I actually went to Bahama schools and have always loved it out there. It is a bit far. I prefer a house in Trinity Park, but my boyfriend likes the house in the country. It really isn't too bad of a drive into town. Definitely not the convenience of living in town though!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 PM

18,050 posts, read 15,649,855 times
Check out Google maps for the area you are interested in. You can see aerial views and get a sense of where parks and open spaces are and even zoom way in to different spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary