Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:53 AM

11 posts, read 39,511 times

Advertisements

Need info or any feedback regarding Chesleigh Development especially about MACK builders - anybody know their reputation? How about their customer service and construction quality? I cant wait to get to sweet city Raleigh ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 11:04 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,663,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ateliercollection View Post
Need info or any feedback regarding Chesleigh Development especially about MACK builders - anybody know their reputation? How about their customer service and construction quality? I cant wait to get to sweet city Raleigh ~
I've a very pretty area up there if nothing else.

I don't know about the builder...but keep in mind...you are well outside of Raleigh (though it's not a bad commute really). The closest town in Wake Forest, and Chesleigh is definatly on an outlaying area.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,559 times
Default Stay Away

I don't know about the neighborhood, but mack built my house and it was probably the biggest mistake I have ever made. They were very unprofessional, and many people in my neighborhood have filed lawsuits against them. Right now I am dealing with leaks coming through my brick around my windows and I was just quoted $10,000 to fix 2 windows. I have 11 more to go. Nightmare. Stay away.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:38 PM

7 posts, read 32,047 times
Question Chesleigh Subdivision

I have had bad service from the realtor in that subdivision. I have twice driven there to view lots, been told I could have them, then when I tried to buy them was told no deal. Since the drive for me was 13 hours, this was very frustrating. There are suppose to be other builders in that subdivision so maybe you could have one of them build your house. I read the comment from Puddytat and she did not sound happy about Mack. Let me know what else you find out. I am still looking.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,029,735 times
I am sure you know that the neighborhood is in granville county, so the taxes are different than wake county taxes, off the top of my head, I feel like they are a bit more. The neighborhood is just inside granville county though, and it is actually close to my house, so you wouldn't be too far from "things" you would need in wake forest.

I am not personally familiar with Mack Builders, but at least you have other options in the neighborhood if you don't get a good vibe from them. Check the BBB site and see if there are any complaints, and ask them for referrals from the neighborhood. My builder did this for us, gave us a list of people in the neighborhood that had purchased one of their homes and told us to call them and ask about service, etc.

Leigh

Old 03-21-2008, 02:25 PM

Default What did you find out?

What did you find out about the subdivision and Mack? I am also looking in that area?

Old 03-21-2008, 03:43 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2retire View Post
I have had bad service from the realtor in that subdivision. I have twice driven there to view lots, been told I could have them, then when I tried to buy them was told no deal. Since the drive for me was 13 hours, this was very frustrating. There are suppose to be other builders in that subdivision so maybe you could have one of them build your house. I read the comment from Puddytat and she did not sound happy about Mack. Let me know what else you find out. I am still looking.
The onsite sales person or onsite agent works FOR THE BUILDER, not for the buyer. Understand that if you aren't getting the service you want NOW, what will you get after contract. Find yourself a buyer's agent who is a Realtor, for your own sake.

Vicki

Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 AM

2 posts, read 12,710 times
Default Chesleigh

Chesleigh is a quiet neighborhood perfect for children, with a wonderful mixture of people. There are young couples to reitred couples and everyone in between. Yes, it is in the "country" however, you can be in Wake Forest or Creedmoor in 10min/ Raleigh in 15 to 20min.

In answer to your question about Mack Builders: We have a "Mack" home and have no problems with the structure or quality of our home. We are very pleased with the home. We didnt have a good building experience with them.

Keep in mind most new construction will have its flaws regardless of the builder. Have a home inspection done, even on new construction. With any builder make sure every little detail is documented in writing.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 12,710 times
Chesleigh is a quiet neighborhood perfect for children, with a wonderful mixture of people. There are young couples to reitred couples and everyone in between. Yes, it is in the "country" however, you can be in Wake Forest or Creedmoor in 10min/ Raleigh in 15 to 20min.

In answer to your question about Mack Builders: We have a "Mack" home and have no problems with the structure or quality of our home. We are very pleased with the home. We didnt have a good building experience with them.

Keep in mind most new construction will have its flaws regardless of the builder. Have a home inspection done, even on new construction. With any builder make sure every little detail is documented in writing.[/quote]

Old 06-02-2008, 10:37 AM

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary