U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 PM

16 posts, read 31,370 times

Advertisements

Hi all...we are planning a trip to Raleigh to scout the area for a possible move. I'd love some inexpensive hotel rec's that is not too far from the airport but will give us access to all of the action...

Any replies will be welcome!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 PM

4,092 posts, read 10,481,700 times
La Quinta Inn & Suites: Raleigh-Durham Airport

We stayed here during our first trip down. It is centrally located with very easy access to Raleigh, Cary, Durham etc. The rooms were very nice with coffee pots and microwaves. They have a free breakfast every morning too. Ask to be in the front building.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:56 AM

11 posts, read 36,325 times
We stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites-Crabtree. Our suite had a seperate living room with a small kitchen and was very comfortable. They offered a complimentary hot breakfast every morning with a good variety and a light meal on Mon through Thurs. The evening meal came in handy our first night because we were both too tired to venture out and find something after a long plane ride.
We spent most of our time in North Raleigh and downtown but did venture to Clayton and Durham and all were very easy to get to.
At $60.00 a night through priceline it was a heckuva deal!
Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:21 AM

12,434 posts, read 29,353,504 times
Definately try roomsaver.com or hotwire. You can also look for weekly rates if you are staying that long. We stayed at the Extended Stay in Cary for $49/ night and also Homestead Inn off Appliance in N. Raleigh for $39/ night. Both places were clean and just what we needed. They both have kitchens and breakfast in the AM.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 AM

106 posts, read 302,455 times
We stayed at several different area hotels preparing for our move here. T

here is a really nice Hampton Inn and Suites in Cary, right off of 40, 10 mins to airport. It has good business facilities, exercise area and public areas.

The Embassy Suites Crabtree Valley was very nice but very full-tends to get celebrities and big events. Great location right across from Crabtree Mall and if you are scouting North Raleigh.

Behind the Crabtree Valley Mall iis a Homewood Suites we stayed in. It was economical and perfectly fine. We have 4 kids and manage to make all thesde places work without getting a second room.

Stayed at the Sheraton right in downtown. A bit more upscale. Good if you need to be downtown but rooms are standard size and bed configurations. Restaurant onsite but meals extra. Good, but extra.

Hampton Inn on Waketowne Drive well located, includes bfast and is good value-not fancy but not gross either. We stayed there two times.

There is a Residence Inn on Navaho Dr, N. Raleigh, just north of 440. Includes breakfast and dinner 4 evenings/week. Weird because it is more like a townhouse-individual units all individually open to outside. Front desk, lobby area in separate building. We stayed there 3 weeks. Extended stay pricing there -beginning at around 5 days-is considerably less than regular rates. We paid $99/night for a loft apartment-bedroom and bath upstairs, nprivate bed and bath down, sleep sofa and kitchen.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:56 AM

106 posts, read 302,455 times
I do my checking and price shopping at TripAdvisor. You get good reviews, ratings and then they price compare for you. For Raleigh hotels search:

Raleigh Hotels: Read Raleigh Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor

Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 PM

184 posts, read 763,921 times
Default Hampton Inn Brier Creek

This hotel is practically brand new and is convenient to most parts of the Triangle, since it is practically in the mall/shopping center there are many dining options next door. I stayed there on business and don't recall the price, but I would say it was "mid range" as romm rates go.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:23 PM

11 posts, read 41,356 times
Hotels.com or hotels-guides.us are some options. Cary is close to the airport and close to the surrounding areas. I've had some good experiences with the Clarion Hotel in Downtown Raleigh as well, very nice staff and in the heart of Raleigh. Somebody else mentioned Crabtree area and there are a few options there. Homewood suites I believe and it's pretty well located near major highways and surrounding areas. Best of luck.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM

3,650 posts, read 8,704,612 times
I wish I knew all this sooner. I'm at an "extended stay" place off of 70 and while it's full-featured w/a kitchen and internet access, it's barely passable. Oh well probably not worth moving now.....

Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 AM

16 posts, read 31,370 times
Thanks for all the suggestions! This is a big help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary