Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:11 PM

260 posts, read 1,191,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I think you should steer clear of those particular Realtors. Any Realtor who tries to "steer you away" from one area to another or makes comments like the ones you mentioned about area schools or any racially charge comment for that matter is not a competent Realtor in my opinion. I think there are laws against that kind of behavior from Realtors.

As a matter of personal opinion (from a non-realtor) I think all of those comments you received are without merit. Clayton is a fine place to live as you can clearly tell from the many posts from the people currently living there.
I have to agree with you on one hand about steering probably is illegal.... but when we bought just recently in Fuquay we became really close w/our Realtor and was thankful she gave us "honest answers" in a round about way by pointing out particular things to us! When your not from the area you research & research but need a locals opinion. I'm sure Clayton is nice but why is it so offensive to want to know race, family status, perhaps some age ranges in neighborhoods your thinking about buying.. why is that info so upsetting to some people... perhaps some of us our looking for Hispanic areas... hmmm??
just a thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emme313 View Post
Has anyone been to and/or has an information on some of the housing in Fuquay Varina, such as Ballentine homes by david weekly builders, or sterlind risge by anderson homes,andpark grove by anderson homes?

I took some clients out to Ballentine last week. I thought the neighborhood was wonderful and I really liked the homes. I did think the monthly HOA dues were a bit steep for single family homes.

Vicki

Old 04-11-2007, 10:24 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Thanks for the infor. I guess you definitly have to do your homework. I have heard other comments of havingtobeaware ofthe "add-ons" in some new housing. My husband is looking at Holly Glenn in Holly Springs, but wanted tocheck Fuquay out as well.
I had clients that checked out Holly Glen and Sunset Oaks and bought in Sunset Oaks. You may want to check that neighborhood out, as well.

Vicki

Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
gen

39 posts, read 207,764 times
They just started building in Summerdale in FV (near 42 and Academy Street). Looks to be a nice neighborhood.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:23 AM

112 posts, read 760,053 times
I'm in Ballentine and like it lot.

Not only are there David Weekly houses for sale, but there are a few resales (5 or 6) in the neighborhood as well. Those homes represent the other builders in the neighborhood; Royal Oaks, K. Hovanian, and First American. You should have your agent schedule tours of those as well since you'll already be in the neighborhood. Those house are only couple years old, generally have larger lots than the David Weekly homes, and may have everything you're looking for. Plus you won't have to wait for it to be built!

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the neighborhood.

-Todd

Old 04-15-2007, 10:26 AM

14 posts, read 76,955 times
Quote:
Thanks for the infor. I guess you definitly have to do your homework. I have heard other comments of havingtobeaware ofthe "add-ons" in some new housing. My husband is looking at Holly Glenn in Holly Springs, but wanted tocheck Fuquay out as well.
You sound like you are in the same boat as my and my husband.

We were down in NC about 2 weeks ago and we looked in Fuquay Varina - Ballentine subdivision (we have friends that live there) and were looking at the David Weekley homes (very nice), I really liked the layout. We also looked at houses in Holly Glenn...both sub divisions were very beautiful.

Friends of ours also suggested Inglenook - Royal Oaks builder, but we never got a chance to look. We are going to make another trip down in June/July!

Old 04-15-2007, 12:57 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,836 times
If you are going to check out homes built by Royal Oaks, check out Southern Oaks as well built my them in Fuquay. I just sold clients of mine a home there.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:02 PM

347 posts, read 934,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I think you should steer clear of those particular Realtors. Any Realtor who tries to "steer you away" from one area to another or makes comments like the ones you mentioned about area schools or any racially charge comment for that matter is not a competent Realtor in my opinion. I think there are laws against that kind of behavior from Realtors.

As a matter of personal opinion (from a non-realtor) I think all of those comments you received are without merit. Clayton is a fine place to live as you can clearly tell from the many posts from the people currently living there.
Well
I had a real estate team that refused to show me certain places to rent. Not outright but as they were discussing areas, they would shoot down ideas from each other. I think that the realtor made a valid comment, even if unethical or possibly illegal. It may not be right, but it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary