Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 06:56 PM

59 posts, read 184,846 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving into an apartment, but my top priority is safety. Does anyone know anything about Lantern Square Apartments off of Ramblewood Road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,047,733 times
Default reply

Mr. Cane has purchased those and will level them just as soon as the market comes back. That land will be redeveloped with condo's and single family ranging from 250k to over a million. I also just read where Cane has an option on the 40 plus acres on St Albans between North Hills East and Wake Forest Rd. That will be mixed use in the next five years. He is also very interested in the 14 acre Alcatel vacant property. With the redevelopment of the Holly Park shopping Center, that dirt will be sold soon. Speaking of expensive carolina red clay, Gordon Grubb(Gardens on Glenwwod, The Oaks at Fallon Park, Glen Lennox) paid 21 million for the 20 acre Country Club Apartments at the corner of Oberlin and Fairview. They ain't making any more land in old Raleigh proper.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:25 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,641,789 times
uncletupelo is right. Say goodbye to a significant amount of middle-income rental housing stock in the Raleigh area to be replaced with stuff those former residents will never be able to afford. Just another victim of Raleigh developers who like to kick the Average Joe while he's down. Unfortunately, there is a lot of this happening, and despite incentives to developers to make a small percentage of new residential units affordable, so far we have had no takers on new developments inside the beltline.

I don't know a lot about Lantern Square. I ran through the area two years ago, and it seemed safe, but not very well cared for (probably because they have plans to demo them). Who knows how long it will be before the apartments are razed in light of the current economic conditions? When I was looking for an apartment a year and a half ago, I looked into Country Club Homes on Oberlin. The leasing office told me that if I was interested in a long term lease it probably wasn't a good idea since they expected demolition to start within six months. That didn't happen, but who knows when it will? Keep that in mind if you have plans to stay for a while.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:51 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Dumpy place 20 years ago. Worse now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary