Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 AM

11 posts, read 36,154 times

Advertisements

Well my wife just started a diet (great timing) & is having a tough time to find a place to eat whenever we wanna dine out. She usually makes all her meals at home during the week. But she was wondering if there's any healthy places to eat in the Triangle area (more importantly the North Raleigh Area). Thanks for the feedback in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 AM

72 posts, read 212,678 times
Hello -

There are several... Jason's Deli is really good, the Soup Man (from seinfield), there is a couple thai restaurants that have very healthy options, a lot of meditteranean food places have healthier options... unfortunately, there aren't a lot of "all healthy" places around here being from a bigger city... but you can usually find options at most places if you stay away from large chain restaurants.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:13 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
You can really go to almost any nice restaurant these days and get baked/broiled chicken or grilled fish...with a salad and veggie.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:33 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,401 times
Not sure why she's having such a hard time. You can get lean entrees at almost any decent restaurant, and like ljd said above, salads and veggies. You can get sauces on the side. Etc. I'm currently on a calorie-restricted plan with lots of whole grains & veggies, and I eat out about 4-5 times a week.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM

11 posts, read 36,154 times
I understand what you guys are saying. The thing is that back home these types of places were right smack in your face. Around here we usually have to tell them what to do to the meal. Alot of people have been turned off by us when it comes to the meal.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,053 times
One of my all time favorites is PoppySeed Market. They make everything themselves and have daily specials. They are open for lunch .. in same strip-mall as Nina's Restaurant.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMM View Post
I understand what you guys are saying. The thing is that back home these types of places were right smack in your face. Around here we usually have to tell them what to do to the meal. Alot of people have been turned off by us when it comes to the meal.
I don't think I understand exactly what you are asking. Exactly what kind of food are looking for? What types of places did you use to go to and what did you get there? What are you asking people "to do" to the meal?

I think if I had a better understanding of what you mean I could throw out some sugesstions.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 AM

447 posts, read 1,718,376 times
I guess define healthy and what the diet is. Low calorie, raw food, low carb, or just generally small portions?

I have never run into a place that did not have a decent all around low cal healthy meal. Carolina Ale House, they have decent tuna, decent house salad and veggies. Most chinese places have a veggie and tofu dish. Tons of sushi places around.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times
What about Sweet Tomatoes in Raleigh? Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes : Restaurant Locations and Menu Offerings

Old 11-21-2008, 02:12 PM

114 posts, read 430,106 times
Alladin's (I think that is right) in Sutton Square. That is what they specialize in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary