Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:42 AM

129 posts, read 336,415 times

Advertisements

We discovered some lights the other night right off High House and 55. You actually go across 55 where High House changes to another name and on the left is this HUUUUUUUUUUGE display of lights! We kept driving after we looked at it to find a place to turn around, and by golly, there was ANOTHER huge exhibition on the right!!! And to top it off, a third right down the road... I could not believe we found THREE big displays on that one road. If you like looking at lights, you will love these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 AM

52 posts, read 200,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan1955 View Post
Penny Rd 1 mile east of Holly Springs Rd - best show in the county. Today is National Day of Giving for the REd Cross and they will be collecting tonight. Enjoy the lights and give generously.
Was there last night. 81k+ lights. The kids loved it! So much to look at. My favorites were the T-Rex wire-frame with a candy cane and the Santa hologram in the upstairs window.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:04 PM

273 posts, read 911,547 times
The one jmflu is talking about is actually on Green Level West. Here are the directions:

In Cary at the intersection of Highway 55, High House Road, and Green Level West, continue west on Green Level West Road.

The Beavers (approx 2826 Green Level West, Cary) have been putting the lights up for Christmas for over 20 years--and it is more spectacular each year. See all 3 on Green Level West (continue past Mr. Beaver's and go all the way to Beaver Dam Road before you turn around).

I've seen the Huntington and Penny site and it is more mechanized and the Green Level ones are more traditional. It's a wonderful life! Enjoy them all.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,237 times
Default Christmas Lights in Durham

We put up lights every year that we are proud of near SouthPoint Mall in Durham that is very well done. It is in the Lakehurst Subdivision off of Herndon Rd. The 3rd street on the right. We add more items every year. We have many unique hard to find lighted pieces that we have not seen at other homes. If you are nearby shopping at the mall it is a must see. It even looks nice during the day.
Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:12 PM

450 posts, read 1,349,956 times
There's a house in the Whitehart neighborhood off of Graham Newton Road(northeast corner of the intersection with Ten Ten, and not too far from the Penny Road house) that has a great lights and music display (they have a sign telling you what radio frequency to tune to). The lights appear simple at first, but once you watch the 'animation' with the music, they're great. Doesn't seem to draw the crowds that some of the others do (at least not when we've been there), but I think it's really well done (and I have no connection with the home or neighborhood). You go into the neighborhood and take a right (the first right, I think) and the house is at the end of the cul-de-sac.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:01 AM

179 posts, read 706,144 times
Default Address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post
In my daughters house in Chapel Hill ;-) It's like a winter wonderland and christmas already.
Are we all welcome?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary