Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 09:25 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,012 times

Advertisements

Make sure to know the difference as there are two shows. One is more craft oriented, the other is actual local fine artists. Some great stuff at the actual art show. I forget which building, but they are side by side.

We spent over $1500 tonight and could have easily spent more. There are some outstanding pieces by local artists. Well worth a look if nothing else.

There is a lady there who sells some very outrageous clay pieces, or clay wrapped around and layered about another media, then she paints them and formes them into some VERY bizarre and crazy specimens. I forgot her name, but we are returning tomorrow to purchase a few of her creations. If you see her work, you know immediately whom I speak of.

We bought a great clay sculptured dragon that have noses that light up with a real flame via a wick and kerosene. Very unique. We purchased a wood turned bowl, made into lamps, so thin and highly polished the artist makes them into lamps and the light glimmers through, the paper thin wood makes it look like a glowing planet from across the room. Just brilliant work. We also purchased some myrtle-wood turned bowls and a few other odds and ends. I highly recommend the show for anyone who is an art enthusiast. There is some outstanding work there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 09:55 PM

1,967 posts, read 953,573 times
Please tell me you saw Gargoyles for sale. I bought some many years ago as gifts and now I need to buy some for myself and I can't find any around here.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:04 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Make sure to know the difference as there are two shows. One is more craft oriented, the other is actual local fine artists. Some great stuff at the actual art show. I forget which building, but they are side by side.

We spent over $1500 tonight and could have easily spent more. There are some outstanding pieces by local artists. Well worth a look if nothing else.

There is a lady there who sells some very outrageous clay pieces, or clay wrapped around and layered about another media, then she paints them and formes them into some VERY bizarre and crazy specimens. I forgot her name, but we are returning tomorrow to purchase a few of her creations. If you see her work, you know immediately whom I speak of.

We bought a great clay sculptured dragon that have noses that light up with a real flame via a wick and kerosene. Very unique. We purchased a wood turned bowl, made into lamps, so thin and highly polished the artist makes them into lamps and the light glimmers through, the paper thin wood makes it look like a glowing planet from across the room. Just brilliant work. We also purchased some myrtle-wood turned bowls and a few other odds and ends. I highly recommend the show for anyone who is an art enthusiast. There is some outstanding work there!
While I'm certain many appreciate your accolades of the art show, was it really necessary to reveal how much you spent? A wee bit tacky IMO.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:17 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
While I'm certain many appreciate your accolades of the art show, was it really necessary to reveal how much you spent? A wee bit tacky IMO.
People discuss:

how much they spent on their homes
how much they spent on their dinner
how much they spend for their memberships
how much they spent on utilities
how much they spend on gas
clothing
food
hotels
airline tickets
at the fair
realtors come in here boating about their incomes

I come in here and state how much I spent at an art show and it bothers you? WHO CARES! Keep your ONINION to yourself.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:19 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times
Quote:

They sound intriguing. Do you have photos?

Old 11-30-2008, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,895 times
Quote:
We bought a great clay sculptured dragon that have noses that light up with a real flame via a wick and kerosene. Very unique.
You wouldn't happen to have the name of that artist handy would you? I'm curious.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 AM

451 posts, read 1,653,406 times
Did you see artwork that screams "North Carolina" like you were asking about in a previous thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary