Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:44 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,106 times

Advertisements

any sort of NC pottery is a fantastic gift and supports area potters. There is a store on Rte1 in Sanford that has a bunch of potters and sells their pottery on consignment. If you are headed south, it is on the left hand side at a light. Anyone know the name of it? It is real easy to drive by. If you are new to NC, it is a great 'first NC xmas gift' to send to folks 'back home'.

I have noticed that Falls River shopping plaza has some cute small non-chain stores (durant/raven ridge). This is probably true of any shopping plaza - if you look beyond the large-ish stores (grocery, hardware, etc), there are neat stores. I usually do the majority of my shopping on-line, but I'll make an effort to stop in this season to check out some small stores. Thanks for the thought of supporting these local businesses that may not be able to tolerate any drop in sales Chocheesmo. Great idea.

--Ellie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,194,078 times
The only things I bought on Friday were from Parker and Otis in Durham. They have a small selection of unique children's games, gourmet foods, wine, and the only retail outlet for Dolly Mama chocolates (also available from Dolly Mama at the Durham Farmer's Market). They are so delicious, you have no idea.

we'll also be shopping at the Regulator, the Play House, and Offbeat Music (all in Durham).

One reason I like shopping local is that the service is so much better, the shopkeepers get to know you and your tastes, and by keeping your local businesses in business, you contribute to the flavor of your community--it doesn't start to blend in with all the other cities across the country.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:37 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Chop House Grill in Cary
Welcome to the Chop House Grille (http://www.chophousesofnc.com/ChopHouseGrille/locations.htm - broken link)

Stonewood Grill in Cary
Stonewood Grill and Tavern (http://www.stonewoodgrill.com/default.asp - broken link)
Stonewood recently shut the Raleigh location abruptly.

Gift cards to smaller stores carry a serious risk if the store closes or files Chapter 11 and elects to not honor gift cards or store credits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary