Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 10:27 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,192,424 times

Advertisements

My wife and I stumbled upon the Wild Turkey Lounge at the Angus Barn (http://www.angusbarn.com/welcome.html - broken link) a while back during a previous holiday season. It has now become a holiday tradition for us. I love driving up to the lit up red barn and then making my way past the big Christmas tree inside by the stairs as I head up to the lounge on the second floor. If we are lucky we grab one of the red leather couches by the wood fireplace and enjoy a glass of read wine while taking turns filling up a plate from the cheese and olive bar. The bar is usually filled with people waiting for a table or enjoying their meal right there on the bar top. It can be a little smokey at times since there is usually one or two people smoking a cigar they picked out from the walk-in humidor, but that doesn't bother me.

On the way out we grab a big gingerbread man cookie from the table by the entrance and take in the droves of kids all dressed up for a big night out to eat with their family and getting pictures taken in front of the Christmas tree. Yup, it doesn’t feel like Christmas time to me until we make our annual pilgrimage to the Angus Barn.

So where do you like to go in the Triangle to get into the holiday spirit?

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 11-29-2008 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 10:46 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,374,856 times
Christmas Concert - TriangleSings!

I haven't been to this before but I have a feeling this might become a holiday tradition. I had wanted to see a concert in the Duke Chapel as I haven't been there yet and this sounds like a perfect opportunity.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:58 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,011,170 times
I try to go see Ira David Wood's "A Christmas Carol" each year. If you ask me, it's just not Christmas without seeing it.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:12 PM

836 posts, read 3,460,425 times
Carolina Ballet's Nutcracker. It is a wonderful performance, all the kids are excited and dressed up for the holiday. We usually take the kids somewhere nice to eat downtown before and make a big deal of it. My oldest is in it this year,, and is a little sad that she is not getting to go with the rest of the family!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:05 AM

189 posts, read 751,597 times
We go see The Messiah performed at Duke Chapel (Duke Performing Arts Ticketing) during the first weekend of December.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:12 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,119,681 times
Since we have kids, we have to go to one of the local Santa trains. The Museum of Life & Science has a nice one, but I believe it is already sold out. Pullen Park did a great one last year and I think tickets are still available for that one. City of Raleigh | 2008 Holiday Express at Pullen Park (http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_306_209_0_43/http%3B/pt03/DIG_Web_Content/category/Leisure/Parks_and_Facilities/Pullen_Park/Cat-1C-20071113-095456-Holiday_Express_at_Pulle.html - broken link) And there is the one in Bonsal. New Hope Valley Railway & NC Railroad Museum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary