Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 AM

4 posts, read 15,216 times

Advertisements

My daughter may be starting with this school in the fall. Does anyone have any association with this school who could give us some insight? We have only seen a couple of comments on forums relating to this school and they weren't complimentary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM

583 posts, read 2,802,392 times
When we lived in Raleigh, we belonged to Athens Drive Baptist Church (across the street from this school). There were several kids at the church that went to that school. They liked it, and were good kids. I'll see if I can get up with one of their parents to give you some more insight!

Old 02-26-2007, 04:42 PM

56 posts, read 356,325 times
When you posted a few weeks ago you were planning a trip to NC... Have you been yet? -- Amy

Old 03-08-2007, 10:09 PM

766 posts, read 1,657,718 times
I graduated from Athens Drive in 1997. It was a great school. Of course it has been 10 years, but I have kept in good contact w/the school since I was an education major. It is in a nice community w/great teachers and classes. My bestfriend's niece is a freshman @ Athens now and she loves it.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:38 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
One of my best friends in college had come from there. She was very smart, well-educated, and did very good college (she double-majored I think). She had good things to say about it.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 AM

4 posts, read 15,216 times
Default Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
When you posted a few weeks ago you were planning a trip to NC... Have you been yet? -- Amy
Yes we have been. We were there a week. Our realtor showed us around a number of communities and we immediately liked The Oaks at Meadowridge. Since returning we have put a deposit on a lot there and are returning in a few weeks.

We actually relocate in October so it's all getting both exciting and stressful.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 AM

161 posts, read 602,003 times
Athens Drive is a very good school. Its SAT scores are consistently well above the county, state and national averages. You can see last year's test results at http://www.wcpss.net/news/2006_sat/ (broken link)

Old 01-12-2008, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,789 times
Default About Athens Drive

I Went To Athens, "the Drive" And Graduated In 2002 I Can Honestly Say That It Was The Best High School Environment I Could Have Been In. Almost No Violence (if I Recall Correctly There Were Less Than 10 Fights Total From My Freshmen To Senior Year And 10 Is Pushing It), High Education Performance And Expectations. Great Social Environment, Supportive Staff And Great Teachers. Once I Went To College And Met People Of Other High School Expereinces I Was Blown Away As To How Safe, Fun And Beneficial Athens Was To My Future. Majority Of The Students Wanted To Acheive Academic Excellence And Are Supportive Of Others Academically, Which Is Very Important From Peers In Hs. Extremely Low Drop-out Rate, Numerous Opportunities To Get Involved, Etc...point Blank It Was The Best Almost To Good To Be True. Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back. My Best Friend's Mother Taught There From Its Opening Until She Retired A Couple Years Ago, And She Always Said That Of All The School's She Taught At And Knows Of Athens Is The Best All Around In All Of Wake County. Keep In Mind I Graduated A Couple Years Ago. But If I Had High School Aged Kids And Lived In Raleigh Or Wake County My Kids Would Attend This School. I Hope This Helps.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:25 PM

932 posts, read 1,272,777 times
My brother graduates from there in 09 (i think) good kids, good grades, on the wrestling team. Never heard him complain about it, and hes done exceptionally well there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary