Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 10:19 AM

69 posts, read 208,335 times

Advertisements

Hi.
Been around this board for over a year... We've been trying to prepare for our move to N.C. We've taken two trips down to check into the area and homes for rent. I have been searching for rental home all this time online as well. When ever I search it seems that there is very little out there at our price range. (@ $1000. per month) NOT that there aren't HOUSES per se. Just seems that ALL of the homes look the same... usually in a sub. What I'm looking for is maybe a local magazine or something (a local website?) you may have there where people that don't want to go through a realtor might use, and where I might get a broader scope of what's actually available. Can anyone recommend?
I've tried Craig's list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 AM

447 posts, read 1,718,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebrunn View Post
Hi.
Been around this board for over a year... We've been trying to prepare for our move to N.C. We've taken two trips down to check into the area and homes for rent. I have been searching for rental home all this time online as well. When ever I search it seems that there is very little out there at our price range. (@ $1000. per month) NOT that there aren't HOUSES per se. Just seems that ALL of the homes look the same... usually in a sub. What I'm looking for is maybe a local magazine or something (a local website?) you may have there where people that don't want to go through a realtor might use, and where I might get a broader scope of what's actually available. Can anyone recommend?
I've tried Craig's list.
You didn't find anything on Craigslist? What location are you looking for?

Indyweek.com will have some listings.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 AM

862 posts, read 3,549,335 times
What area are you looking at? Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, etc.? That would help a lot.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:25 AM

69 posts, read 208,335 times
I did find homes on Craig's list... but all the same...
I guess I could be a little more descriptive.. I am open to all ages of homes as long as they are in good condition and have enough bedrooms. We will need at least 4. We have 5 children and there are rules about so many "heartbeats per bedroom" etc; I wouldn't mind finding a nice older home in a nice neighborhood.. or out in the country with ENOUGH neighbors.. (don't want to be TOO far out) I was looking into Clayton.. Seems to be a nice smaller town.
Also, moving to a completely different state with NO family is kind of scary.. we will be looking for employment there soon... My husband is a FANTASTIC drywall finisher, though I say it myself. And we are both trained in therapeutic massage. I understand that things are slowing down as far as construction down there. True? Probably 3 times as bad here... My husband has been working in mostly restoration lately. (Paul-Davis Restoration)
Anyway.. sorry, I can get a bit long winded...
Hopefully this gives a better picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary