Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:32 PM

27 posts, read 81,522 times

Advertisements

You all are great (Oh, I guess I should say Y'all!).
Thanks for your continuing advice.
Cary sounds nice in one respect but it sounds a bit snooty too.
I'm not sure I could get too excited about being told how short to cut my grass.
I guess, on the other hand, if the house was my dream home, I could get over it.
How's the house hunting going for the rest of you that are NC bound?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 PM

229 posts, read 1,053,917 times
Post Relocating to the Triangle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon gal View Post
Possibly moving my family out there in the next 6 months and am interested in the smaller communities near Chapel Hill/Raleigh.

Have done some reading about Apex & Cary and they both sound like good possibilities.

I have a daughter in 1st grade so I'm wanting a family town with good schools (isn't that what we all want!)

Houses out here (in Oregon) are so expensive and when I look on realtor.com I about fall over at how much house you can get out there.
That really excites me!

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice.
Hi Oregon Gal,

The Triangle is a wonderful area to live. I've been here since 1991. I used to Live in Chapel Hill and moved to Cary in 1994. Both areas are great to live in but have different pluses and minuses.

Chapel Hill is a part of the university community and housing is pretty steep. As I mentioned in a previous blog, the average price resale home is $350k.

Cary is more of a bedroom community-one of the safest to live in the US(noted by many publications). The average priced home in this area is less at $250k. Apex is even more affordable. Most of the homes in this area are located in community subdivisions with lots of amenities like swimming pools, playgrounds, greenways, and lots of great schools.

If there is a particular price range your looking in I can recommend neighborhoods you might like.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 PM

29 posts, read 96,201 times
Hello All,

We made it to NC and ended up in Fuquay. I have to say 2 week in, I love it!!!! I love the traffic, the people, the school, the trees, the dogwoods, I just can't say enough. My kids, my husband and my dog love it. It smells good and the weather is nice and not so grey like Portland. It has rained, and it has been cold, but the sun shines bright and the birds are all around. I am still exploring, but if you need a Portland Girl's opinion on something let me know!! Have a great day!!

Old 04-14-2007, 08:37 AM

238 posts, read 227,774 times
I have been to the area several times and I do like it a lot. I am, however, freaked out by the Nuclear Power Plant looming south of Apex. I would want to be in Cary, but even Cary is getting expensive!

Old 04-14-2007, 01:02 PM

169 posts, read 778,203 times
I would recommend Chapel Hill, and especially Carrboro, where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary