Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 04:38 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAmberinNC View Post
Im not the only one experiencing this
Alot of my co workers that got laid off along with me. There was 17 of us let go last week. most of us had worked there atleast 7 years.
ALL of us laid off are having trouble finding jobs.
If this is how you feel after only one week, imagine how you'll feel after 2 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 08:27 AM

16 posts, read 45,186 times
I got laid off yesterday....damn this sucks.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:17 PM

38 posts, read 80,741 times
Another day of filling out applications
Nothing productive. Seems managers are sick of taking applications just by their attitude I could tell "not another application explination"

Old 12-15-2008, 06:28 PM

406 posts, read 787,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAmberinNC View Post
Another day of filling out applications
Nothing productive. Seems managers are sick of taking applications just by their attitude I could tell "not another application explination"

Keep your chin up, stay positive and you will find something.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:52 AM

107 posts, read 480,401 times
Every time I see the title of this thread, I think of that line from Blazing Saddles -- where're all the white women at?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:51 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inniskillin View Post
As several people stated, it depends on the field. I'm in clinical research and we have 3 openings in my department and 27 openings in other departments.
i work in biotech, can you keep an opening for me until june?

Old 12-16-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjsluvskaz View Post
Keep your chin up, stay positive and you will find something.
I am trying to to do my best
Today I went into a few more places to fill out applications, I even tryed Wal Mart, the one I went into the computer that you have to fill out the application had a line of 7 people ahead of me to use.
2 more of my co workers from the company I worked for got laid off on Monday.
Once again this is scary

Old 12-16-2008, 11:33 PM

305 posts, read 713,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
For the permanent job, around $40k/year give or take a few thousand. I live a wonderful life on that.
Do you always have to be so darned pretentious?
Get a clue.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:41 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
I remember the feeling, after being laid off by a large public utility, Entergy, after the Louisiana economy collapsed in the late 1980's.

Wound up in Raleigh at 30% less pay and filed Chapter 7 to escape a giant mortgage deficiency.

It all worked for our good thanks to our Lord. Came back to church and got a great Federal job. Our two kids got excellent educations in WCPSS and NC colleges. They now both have fine state jobs in IT.

Let the Lord guide you and support you through your current hardship. He can and will work with you for your eventual good. Keep your faith in Him. He is good.

Joyce Meyer has some wonderful sermons on her morning TV shows that may be useful.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:03 PM

WOW
Just heard that the caterpillar plant is laying off hundreds
not good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary