Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:04 PM

271 posts, read 700,901 times

Advertisements

How to Slow Down While Driving. It seems like everyone thinks they are on the Nascar Circuit down here. I thought NYC Drivers were bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
List your favorites! Here are mine:

1) How, when, and why to use turn signals

2) To turn headlights on when the wiper blades are going
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 05:19 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Sounds like you just described 90% of drivers in just about every state in the entire United States.
True, but I think sometimes there are modest diff's in diff areas. For ex this is the worst place I have ever seen in terms of being clueless about the passing lane (ie driving slow in it, not getting over etc). I really think it must have been made illegal to use it that way. Most of the rest seems about the same as anywhere else, for the most part.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:23 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,159,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
List your favorites! Here are mine:

1) How, when, and why to use turn signals

2) To turn headlights on when the wiper blades are going
sounds like i'll be very accustomed to this when I move, having lived in MA for 8 1/2 years...

seriously, i mean i have DRL, but i still turn on my real lights when it rains. i see 20 people without lights on coming home from work when it's completely black, and pouring rain

Old 12-11-2008, 05:25 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,159,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Ok, since we're on this subject yet again - some people need lessons on the proper way to navigate a rotary/roundabout. You're not supposed to come to a dead stop and wait and wait and wait. The proper way is to yield and merge.
here everyone just assumes if you get to the entrance of the rotary 0.5 seconds before the person in the rotary, you should just go, despite the fact that everyone in the rotary has to slam on their brakes. grrr

Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 PM

376 posts, read 1,062,518 times
In raleigh, if you're not practically kissing the bumper of the car ahead of you then you're allowing too much space. And pedestians are target practice. I don't think drivers here realize that pedestrians actually have the right of way!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:14 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,986,002 times
You know that left lane on the highway? It's just another lane. Seriously. Just hang out there for a while going slower than the cars in the other lanes. Ignore the cars flashing their headlights at you and the other cars who are passing you on the right and flipping you off. Who cares if it completely screws up the traffic flow? It's a lane, it's paid for by your taxes, and gosh darnit you have a right to just cruise along in it!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:30 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMomof2 View Post
You know that left lane on the highway? It's just another lane. Seriously. Just hang out there for a while going slower than the cars in the other lanes. Ignore the cars flashing their headlights at you and the other cars who are passing you on the right and flipping you off. Who cares if it completely screws up the traffic flow? It's a lane, it's paid for by your taxes, and gosh darnit you have a right to just cruise along in it!
Actually that's true...in NC there is no law regarding traveling/passing in the left or right lanes. It was just a big story on MSN yesterday...the differing regulations between states...IL for example you can be ticketed for traveling in the left-hand lane.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,986,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
Actually that's true...in NC there is no law regarding traveling/passing in the left or right lanes. It was just a big story on MSN yesterday...the differing regulations between states...IL for example you can be ticketed for traveling in the left-hand lane.
Bu..bu...but what about those signs that say "Slower traffic, keep to the right"? Crud. I have a lot of people to apologize to.

Um...attention! If a 40ish woman (who looks not a day over 35) whizzed past you in the right lane giving you dirty looks while simultaneouly singing along to "The Wiggles" with her children in the backseat, she apologizes. Not saying that it's me. I'm just saying she might be apologizing. You may move along now.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
Yep. It is true. And I thinkk you shoudl be ticketed for exposing your children to the Wiggles!

Old 12-11-2008, 09:50 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
All I can say is "don't go to Miami" if you complain about Raleigh drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary