Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:56 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,282,232 times

Advertisements

Some times you just have to go out and look. I love Ecko.... but thier priced over what I can spend on "funky". I did find a funky couch at one of the stores on Glenwood.... I cannot remember which one... carolina sofa maybe? I can't remember... but alot of the "traditional" furniture stores have some funky pieces, you just have to wade through the uninspired stuff to find them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 10:07 AM

228 posts, read 802,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahgrfx View Post
Ecko is a cool furniture store, but you better be ready to spend some money!
It sounds funny, but go to target.com
Target actually has really cool furniture and the shipping isn't out of this world like ikea's.
Ditto that. Ecko used to be on Hope Valley and 54, they closed. We visited while they were doing their moving sale and even then the prices were way too high (plus the discount was 10-20%, not what i expect from such a sale). For example by memory, living room chairs were $500 on clearance. But they are definitely modern.

Also we got a L shaped computer desk for my wife from Office Depot, paid $250 or so, it's actually pretty high quality (particleboard, but extremely dense particleboard)

Old 01-12-2009, 08:53 AM

2 posts, read 40,752 times
Mitchells Home Studio in Chapel Hill is pretty cool. They show almost the entire line of Ekornes and Stressles items. They don't carry much else though. But if thats what your looking for, they have alot of it.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:30 PM

4 posts, read 15,830 times
Default contemporary furniture in raleigh

ecko is for college kids, nowells is overpriced and has a reputation for lousy service. I would check out ambiente.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary