Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 03:01 PM

945 posts, read 1,971,249 times

Advertisements

Today's high was forecast to be 49 degrees, which is the average high at the absolute coldest part of the year in the Triangle. I have to say that it was beautiful out today. Nice sunshine that warms you even though the temps were not all that warm. It was a great day to be outside, walking, biking or playing tennis. This is soooo much better than the intolerable weather of Massachusetts. I am sure all of you that moved to the Triangle from New England know just how much better the weather is here, than back there. Some folks that have lived here for a long time sometimes think that a day like today is a day that is unbearable and you can't do anything outside. We know better, don't we?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:10 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
I have to say that it was beautiful out today. Nice sunshine that warms you even though the temps were not all that warm. It was a great day to be outside, walking, biking or playing tennis.
Fantastic! And here I spent all day inside doing work so I can take off early for the Holidays!

Thanks for pointing out the great day I missed out on! Bah-Humbug!

lol

Old 12-13-2008, 04:46 PM

715 posts, read 1,038,510 times
I agree. I hit the trails in the woods (Little River Regional park) for a run this afternoon, although it was a little chilly in the shady areas, few of those left now w/ all the leaves gone. I agree NC's winter wx has it ALL over the northeast's winter fare. I ran the Boston Marthon in '07 and it was 40 degrees and blowing rain/drizzle in mid April!!! Argh! I'll take a cool fall/winter day in NC anyday over the average in the northeast!

Old 12-13-2008, 04:59 PM

673 posts, read 2,266,103 times
My daughter, who just came in from Michigan -- she's on school break, and I were out running errands today. She LOVED seeing the sun shine and absolutely loved the "mild" weather today.

She said East Lansing (MI) had snow every day this week, and the temps were cold -- 5 degrees for a couple of days -- otherwise temps in the low teens (and these are the daily HIGH temperatures).

So, yes, it was a beautiful and GLORIOUS day in the Triangle today!

Old 12-13-2008, 05:22 PM

715 posts, read 1,038,510 times
Calvitts,
I agree with your daughter's take on our relatively moderate weather/temps today. The 5 degree temps she mentioned is brutal stuff. Don't miss it. I used to live in Fargo, North Dakota, and it was just so dry and bitter cold up there... same boat as the bitter stuff in MI, for sure! Glad y'all are enjoying the NC-weather together!

Old 12-13-2008, 05:42 PM

675 posts, read 1,832,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gball721 View Post
I used to live in Fargo, North Dakota, and it was just so dry and bitter cold up there...
Oh my god, I thought I knew what cold weather was until I spent some time in Minneapolis in February once. Being from upstate NY, I thought I had experienced the worst winter weather... The upper midwest is like a desert of cold!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:00 PM

945 posts, read 1,971,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Fantastic! And here I spent all day inside doing work so I can take off early for the Holidays!

Thanks for pointing out the great day I missed out on! Bah-Humbug!

lol

Sorry NRG.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:20 PM

1,967 posts, read 953,573 times
Now only if the rain does not happen next week we can extend this great weather. . My next day off from work is Thursday when it will be 63*.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary