Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:08 AM

535 posts, read 1,738,911 times

Advertisements

North Hills, uh, I hate that one. I almost took out more than one vehicle driving through there. I think I could see what they were trying to do, make an urban environment.

Bill, not sure where you're from but NCDOT doesn't design mall parking. 440, if you've been here long enough, used to be a lot smaller and has been widen over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 06:11 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,343,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Everything in Cary has been perfectly master planned. And that includes Crossroads
I am not sure but it looks like they contracted the traffic manager from Wilmington and Southeastern NC to design it. It is bad by any standard, but nothing to match the section of Highway 17 just south of Wilmington with what looks like 25 to 40 stoplights in a two mile run. Sometimes I think a designer’s brain just shuts down.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,646,703 times
Just adding some sarcasm to the post I hate to see someone starting any negative posts about Cary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I am not sure but it looks like they contracted the traffic manager from Wilmington and Southeastern NC to design it. It is bad by any standard, but nothing to match the section of Highway 17 just south of Wilmington with what looks like 25 to 40 stoplights in a two mile run. Sometimes I think a designer’s brain just shuts down.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,390,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
One reason I detest Cary.
Detest a town because of how a shopping plaza is laid out? I guess by that standard, I would have to detest all of Raleigh because of the insanity known as Capital Blvd.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 24 days ago)

43,177 posts, read 76,835,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Detest a town because of how a shopping plaza is laid out? I guess by that standard, I would have to detest all of Raleigh because of the insanity known as Capital Blvd.
OK...
I'll see your "detest" and raise you to "I detest detesting."

The recent changes help traffic move better than it used to move.
For the first timer or someone who has to hit every store, Crossroads may be a little daunting.
If one has a limited number of stops to make, and knows the layout of the area, the multiple points of entry and exit, and where the stores are, it is actually pretty easy to come and go.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:48 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,390,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
OK...
Ah, a poker game.

I do have to make a response to a previous posters comments on signage. As much as it can make it a little difficult to find a location without the big signage, I much prefer not having it. I think that the area looks much better and more natural without a big billboard stating "Bubba Haven next right. All the chicken & grits you can eat for only $3.49". I would much rather see the nice trees, rather than the billboards.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:54 AM

50 posts, read 254,265 times
I got lost several times in almost every shopping mall - Crabtree, Southpoint and even Cary Town Center but Crossroads was the hardest to learn. I guess Crossroads is AP course.

Last edited by capertree; 12-14-2008 at 07:32 AM..

Old 12-14-2008, 07:00 AM

185 posts, read 472,201 times
I think all the roads and parking lots in the Raleigh area are nuts! I always laugh when having to make a left turn across heavy traffic to get onto 440...just doesn't seem right...

Old 12-14-2008, 07:09 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,343,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Just adding some sarcasm to the post I hate to see someone starting any negative posts about Cary
I hope my post did not sound negative to Cary; I moved here three years ago and love it. Best place I have lived so far. The parking lots are the works of private businesses who want to keep you looping around in their asphalt maze. I don’t blame Cary for that; they are doing a great job on keeping g traffic moving in the area with the roads we have.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:11 AM

63 posts, read 153,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
OK...

The recent changes help traffic move better than it used to move.
For the first timer or someone who has to hit every store, Crossroads may be a little daunting.
If one has a limited number of stops to make, and knows the layout of the area, the multiple points of entry and exit, and where the stores are, it is actually pretty easy to come and go.

What does the Town of Cary pay you? You've got to be on their payroll, because you seem to have an excuse for every negative comment regarding this place. Face it... CARY IS NOT PERFECT!! Far from it, actually.

Now, regarding the post..... Crossroads is ridiculous. It's bad even when people aren't doing their holiday shopping. I try to avoid it when possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary