Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:22 AM

121 posts, read 381,550 times

Advertisements

Yes, every Saturday and Sunday morning. Check the more established vendors at the inside portion first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 11:50 AM

447 posts, read 1,718,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
CJ Woodmaster's went bankrupt about 18 months ago.
I thought so, but a websearch told me they were still around! Thanks for the correction. I think there is anotherunfished place on Capital and there used to be one on Glenwood.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:43 PM

50 posts, read 254,777 times
Try Havertys on Glenwood Ave. When I checked the store a year ago, they had hardwood, no-assembly bookcases.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,988 times
Custom Bookcase, Builtins and More
Ling Construction in Wake Forest has Quality workmanship with attention to detail.
Competitive Pricing and will give free estimate.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:10 AM

744 posts, read 1,262,681 times
There is an unfinished furniture company called Bookcases Etc. near downtown Durham across from Parker & Otis. It's a family run store and they have been in business for over 20 years. Very friendly and helpful staff, great selection, and moderate prices for the quality. Several choices of wood available: oak, pine, polar, etc.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:03 PM

93 posts, read 216,072 times
My recommendation would be Revival Antiques in the old Raleigh Bonded Warehouse complex on Capital Blvd. - they have a main store, and also a warehouse bay full of pieces way down at the end of the complex that haven't been refinished. Prices marked on those show the price as is vs. the price for them to spruce up/paint, etc. They have really interesting pieces and their prices are phenomenal - they have completely spoiled us for any furniture we see at the flea market (though they do happen to also have a booth in the flea market interior).

Revival Antiques in Raleigh, North Carolina (NC)

Also, if you don't mind a bit of a hike to Charlotte - Ikea has a large selection of bookcases...plus you can pick up all the tealights you could ever possibly need at the same time

Old 09-23-2009, 08:16 PM

62 posts, read 224,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post

Have you seen that guy at the flea market that does solid wood furniture? He has some beds and cabinets out. He's in the inside building. You could try him.
I've used this guy actually- He made a solid bookshelf to size specifications I needed for a specific wall. I still have it, although I've moved multiple times.
Great quality.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:54 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sant View Post
There is an unfinished furniture company called Bookcases Etc. near downtown Durham across from Parker & Otis. It's a family run store and they have been in business for over 20 years. Very friendly and helpful staff, great selection, and moderate prices for the quality. Several choices of wood available: oak, pine, polar, etc.
Another option in Durham is a place called Durham Bookcases.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,234 times
If you are not looking for all your bookcases to match, I have a 6' + tall cherry bookcase which I can part with that we paid $150 for new. It's in very nice condition and I live in Cary. This is not a put-together-yourself version but instead a quality, handsome piece. We have built-ins now so don't need this one.

Send me a direct message if you are interested and you can have it very affordably this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary