Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a nice apartment complex that has its own dog park?

I give up trying to rent a house with a fenced yard!

I might even consider...Cary...yep I said it. As long as it's a nice, quiet complex with a decent dog park.

BUT I prefer Durham, Chapel Hill, or Carrboro. North Raleigh maybe - I need to be in Hillsborough 3x per week though...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,251 times
You don't have to leave Durham

-The Lodge at Southpoint

Old 12-17-2008, 07:27 PM

850 posts, read 4,741,012 times
I lived at the Lodge....way overpriced for what you get IMO. There are many other comparable communities for much less.

When I lived there, they didn't have a dog park...is that new?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:32 PM

185 posts, read 472,968 times
The Lakes in North Raleigh

Old 12-17-2008, 07:39 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Can anyone recommend a nice apartment complex that has its own dog park?

I give up trying to rent a house with a fenced yard!

I might even consider...Cary...yep I said it. As long as it's a nice, quiet complex with a decent dog park.

BUT I prefer Durham, Chapel Hill, or Carrboro. North Raleigh maybe - I need to be in Hillsborough 3x per week though...

Thanks!
There are many apartments located around lake Lynn in North Raleigh. While not a dog park there is a 2 mile paved walking path around the lake that is very popular with people walking dogs and jogging. Most of the apartments back up to the lake so you should be able to walk there from your apartment.

Not sure it would be the best location to drive to Hillsborough three times a week though.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:53 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
NOOOooooo! Scorp, say it ain't so!!!!

So there is a dog park in Durham at Piney Wood Park.
http://www.ci.durham.nc.us/gis_apps/...rk&selVal=park
This park is very near Woodcroft and Woodlake. Both of which have apartments and townhomes for rent. Plus it seems like I've seen other apartments for rent around there.

There is also a Dog Park at Northgate Park... which I know nothing about.

Moving to Cary???? The things we do for our babies... regardless of if they are 2 legged or 4 legged.

Good luck!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytarheelz View Post
I lived at the Lodge....way overpriced for what you get IMO. There are many other comparable communities for much less.

When I lived there, they didn't have a dog park...is that new?
Not sure when it was put there. I have been sitting for a clients dog since Feb. and it has been there at least that long.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:04 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times
Thanks, I am desperate! Everywhere I look is either a fortune or sketchy, and my own place raised the rent to insane prices!

The Durham dog park is lovely but my dog is perhaps not ready for a very busy one yet...I work from home a lot so could take her to a complex dog park when few people are there. I did find a great place with 2 dog parks (Evergreen at Mt. Moriah), but they have none available w/in my price range until April...gulp. I need to be living SOMEWHERE as of 2/1...

Old 12-17-2008, 08:56 PM

467 posts, read 1,774,515 times
The Columns at Wakefield - North Raleigh - has a very small dog park.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:58 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,751 times
The one at Northgate park is nice and big and there's a separate area for smaller dogs. I've jogged the trail that goes past it to Club Blvd. That's a nice little stretch with the trail from the science museum to Club...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary