Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,282 times

Advertisements

Update on development projects.

When the heck is the Morrisville Super WalMart & Sam's Club going to open? I check it out every day at lunch and they just won't finish it. They have missed out on the Christmas shopping season. What gives? I refuse to go to the crappy Cary WalMart and the great one in Holly Springs is twice as far as the to be Morrisville one. I cannot take the wait anymore.

Now for answering that question, I will provide some info for you. I noticed that there is now heavy machinery at the Searstone site in Cary. There are stakes everywhere. It looks like they will actually start the retail portion now. It's about time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,588,635 times
I'm assuming the "Dreadful" wal mart you are talking about in Cary is the one on the corner of kildare and tryon? It's not that bad is it? I used to live less than a mile down the road from there in Lochmere; it's walmart. It has generally cheap stuff in bulk and/or at majorly discounted prices. It's not a super walmart and if I remember correctly the one that opened in Holly Springs is a super-walmart so that is probably the major difference. You want a sketcy wal-mart in the triangle...check out the one in Garner!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I'm assuming the "Dreadful" wal mart you are talking about in Cary is the one on the corner of kildare and tryon? It's not that bad is it? I used to live less than a mile down the road from there in Lochmere; it's walmart. It has generally cheap stuff in bulk and/or at majorly discounted prices. It's not a super walmart and if I remember correctly the one that opened in Holly Springs is a super-walmart so that is probably the major difference. You want a sketcy wal-mart in the triangle...check out the one in Garner!

Yes, that is the one I am talking about. I have always felt that a WalMart will bring out the worst that a town has to offer. This WalMart is the worst I have seen so far, although I have not seen the Garner one. The Cary WalMart is tightly packed, not clean at all, not organized and I am shocked at the characters in there. The Holly Springs one is much more wide open, clean and seems to have a better caliber of customer...IE - people that have bathed.

I am excited about the Morrisville one because both the Super WalMart and Sam's club will be right next to each other. That is awesome. I can take a different route home and catch it on the way. It will be very convenient. It is only 6 miles from my house.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:42 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Yes, that is the one I am talking about. I have always felt that a WalMart will bring out the worst that a town has to offer. This WalMart is the worst I have seen so far, although I have not seen the Garner one. The Cary WalMart is tightly packed, not clean at all, not organized and I am shocked at the characters in there. The Holly Springs one is much more wide open, clean and seems to have a better caliber of customer...IE - people that have bathed.

I am excited about the Morrisville one because both the Super WalMart and Sam's club will be right next to each other. That is awesome. I can take a different route home and catch it on the way. It will be very convenient. It is only 6 miles from my house.
I don't care for the one in Cary either. It's small to me and it's not a Super Walmart. I once called them to see if they would be converting to a SW and they told me no.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:51 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
Ugh. I can't stand the Walmart in Cary! I haven't been in the Garner one and don't plan to either!

Old 12-20-2008, 09:39 PM

129 posts, read 336,539 times
I despise the Cary Wal-Mart. Yuch, yuch, yuch. It doesn't deserve to be in such a nice shopping center and DEFINITELY doesn't live up to Cary standards IMO! Now, on the other hand, I drove past the Wal-Mart they are building in Morrisville, and WOW... you have never SEEN such a Wal-Mart. This thing is CLASS-Y! If you have seen the Lowe's Home Improvement in Cary, the side facing the road is nicely done like a town. That's what they have done with the exterior of the Wal-Mart in Mo'ville. LOVE IT>>>>

Old 12-20-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
I despise the Cary Wal-Mart. Yuch, yuch, yuch. It doesn't deserve to be in such a nice shopping center and DEFINITELY doesn't live up to Cary standards IMO! Now, on the other hand, I drove past the Wal-Mart they are building in Morrisville, and WOW... you have never SEEN such a Wal-Mart. This thing is CLASS-Y! If you have seen the Lowe's Home Improvement in Cary, the side facing the road is nicely done like a town. That's what they have done with the exterior of the Wal-Mart in Mo'ville. LOVE IT>>>>

YES!!! That's what I'm talkin' about. But when will it open?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:09 PM

129 posts, read 336,539 times
Quote:
I heard first quarter 2009...

Old 12-21-2008, 04:09 AM

305 posts, read 713,639 times
Quote:
April, 2009.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:07 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
you have never SEEN such a Wal-Mart. This thing is CLASS-Y!
Classy is not a word that is usually linked to Walmart. In fact, I've never heard of Walmart referred to as "classy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary