Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times

Advertisements

I took a trip through the Historic Boyaln Heights neighborhood today and snapped a few picutres of the homes. I will post more in the future as I only got a few today becasue my camera battery ran out soon after I started ! I am planning on going back to get some more shots in the future.The picutres I did take really only represent a portion of two streets in the neighborhood.This neighborhood is located along the west side of downtown Raleigh. You can read more about the Historic Boylan Heights Neighborhood on their community website:http://www.boylanheights.org

Hope you enjoy the pictures. These pictures were taken on 3/3/07

View looking down the street

Some of the Houses on and Around Boylan Avenue South Area

You can see some the larger downtown Raleigh buildings in in the background

More Cool Houses

View looking down the sidewalk, I don't really know what the renters sign is all about. I can't tell if it is an invitation or a warning!

Rental Units

This one looked a little spookey to me! It still has Christmas Wreaths up on the windows in March!

View of new condos going up off of Boylan Avenue a block north of Boylan Heights.

View of downtown Raleigh from a section of Boylan Avenue that passes over some old train tracks

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 03-03-2007 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 01:14 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,410,165 times
The old red mansion in red with the wreaths is Montfort Hall. Last I heard, no one lives there, it's usually rented out for banquets, weddings, parties, etc. Perhaps nothing big has happened there since Xmas.

As far as the signs to renters...that's unusual to say the least. My only guess is that it is a warning: Your neighbors won't put up with property neglect, trash or loud parties.
Can't say I blame them.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,259,142 times
Default Boylan Heights pics

Thanks for taking the time to photograph the neighborhood. On the same street that has the "ask about renting" sign do you know what the Dix 306 sign means? How about those pink pelicans? I like them - DH hates them. LOL

Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 PM

^ Dix306 is a group trying to turn Dorthea Dix Mental Hospital Campus (which the state is closing in favor of a new mental hospital in Butner) into parkland.
Do some searching on this site and you'll probably find a thread or three on that topic.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,259,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRob View Post
^ Dix306 is a group trying to turn Dorthea Dix Mental Hospital Campus (which the state is closing in favor of a new mental hospital in Butner) into parkland.
Do some searching on this site and you'll probably find a thread or three on that topic.
Thanks I did read through that thread but didn't make the connection.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:34 PM

54 posts, read 359,115 times
Are you sure these pics aren't of Mayberry?

Old 03-03-2007, 07:29 PM

^ Hah! I don't think Mayberry had skyscapers in the background.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:52 PM

959 posts, read 4,494,548 times
Thanks for the photos Beautiful beautiful homes!

That renter sign is super weird. Could the property be up for rent and the neighbors requested that prospects check in with them for an interview?

Old 03-05-2007, 12:52 AM

1,790 posts, read 6,521,093 times
I bet homes in this neighborhood are pricey eh..

Old 03-05-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
I bet homes in this neighborhood are pricey eh..
Some of the bigger ones yeah. The smaller ones aren't as bad as you'd guess. I'd say the neighborhood overall is just slightly more than your typical new North Raleigh or Cary subdivision. Higher price per sq foot, for sure...but size isn't everything. The other advantages outweigh it, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary