Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 06:42 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times

Advertisements

Duke already had a black eye and now they are trying for another. They already screwed this guy over once and now they want to do it again. What is wrong with Duke?

Duke appeals ruling in lacrosse slander lawsuit :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/4192883/ - broken link)

Old 12-23-2008, 06:51 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,863 times
Ummm, they reached a settlement. Pressler said Duke broke it, went to a judge and the judge nullified it. Duke's appealing that ruling. What's the problem? Or do trial judges always get it right?

Old 12-24-2008, 08:09 AM

114 posts, read 373,325 times
It appears to me that in hindsight he did not like his settlement given that everyone else was going after gobs of money and thus is motivated to claim that Duke breached the settlement agreement. Personally, I think Duke is right to seek enforcement of the settlement agreement.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Ummm, they reached a settlement. Pressler said Duke broke it, went to a judge and the judge nullified it. Duke's appealing that ruling. What's the problem? Or do trial judges always get it right?

When it comes to Duke, I would side with Pressler when it comes to who is honest and correct. Duke has lost all its credibility after the way they mishandled the complete lies of that women. It's the philosophy of Duke that makes it difficult to be a white male in America. They are shameful.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:57 AM

542 posts, read 1,524,748 times
Us white guys sure do have it rough, don't we...

Old 12-24-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post

Yep, when we are presumed guilty first just because a non white was the so-called victim and when we are disqualified for a job, because they need to fill the position with someone from a certain race to even things out (that one happened to me).

Old 12-24-2008, 11:13 AM

447 posts, read 1,718,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Yep, when we are presumed guilty first just because a non white was the so-called victim and when we are disqualified for a job, because they need to fill the position with someone from a certain race to even things out (that one happened to me).
First let me say Duke handled itself the way it needed to because of the City of Durham attacking the kids. They were provided with bad intel (your hero W should be able to tell you about this) and knew the circus that would have rained down on the campus if they did not act the way they did. They needed to minimize the internal and external forces that would have hurt Duke more than what they did by getting rid of three students and a coach.

The only racial matter in this case was the DA using it to win an election. He needed the African American vote and knew how to get it, or more importantly how not to lose it. He pressed a worthless case forward and a lot of people listened to him and the police.

I wish the University would have backed the kids and the coach, but they did what they thought best, they knew they could throw a few million at it later.

Affrimative action has nothing to do with this so I will not even address the BS with that comment.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
I will play the violin for you if you play it for me.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckreis View Post
They were provided with bad intel (your hero W should be able to tell you about this)
Sorry, but W is not my guy. I didn't vote for him. I am anti-liberal.

Quote:
They needed to minimize the internal and external forces that would have hurt Duke more than what they did by getting rid of three students and a coach.

This is my point exactly. Duke cared about itself and about being PC. This is the BS that is going on in toady's America. We will destroy someones' life, as long as it looks good politically. It is truly disgusting.

Quote:
The only racial matter in this case was the DA using it to win an election. He needed the African American vote and knew how to get it, or more importantly how not to lose it. He pressed a worthless case forward and a lot of people listened to him and the police.

Yes, the DA and the police bear a lot of the blame, but not all of it. That women should have her A$$ in jail right now. Period! And as far as I am concerned, Duke cannot get sued enough over this.

Quote:
Affrimative action has nothing to do with this so I will not even address the BS with that comment.

Affirmative action in today's world "is" 100% BS!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Sorry, but W is not my guy. I didn't vote for him. I am anti-liberal.

This is my point exactly. Duke cared about itself and about being PC. This is the BS that is going on in toady's America. We will destroy someones' life, as long as it looks good politically. It is truly disgusting.

Yes, the DA and the police bear a lot of the blame, but not all of it. That women should have her A$$ in jail right now. Period! And as far as I am concerned, Duke cannot get sued enough over this.

Affirmative action in today's world "is" 100% BS!

Duke has tens of thousands or students, faculty and staff to protect. I cannot fault them for their actions. They are a private organization and have the right to make those decisions. If I were in their place I would do the same thing, and I think most reasonable people would.

I am by the way an old school conservative and have no problem and I find Affirmative action to be the same as global warming. Yep it exists, but it is not as big of a deal as the other makes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary