Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:15 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,395,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop108 View Post
The accuracy my chosen source of information is irrelevant. I also struggle to think of one reason why you might think it's appropriate to "want to have a little fun" in a topic regarding crime in a local neighborhood. Why not find another thread in which to tell jokes, insert goofy icons, make useless comments, and amuse yourself to your deepest satisfaction?

Again, Mr. / Mrs. Moderator? Helloooooo? Anybody out there? Please direct this I-just-wanna-have-fun individual to the correct area of the city-data website.

BettyBoop108, I understand your frustration completely. Sometimes people make jokes about things when they are afraid to address an issue. That may or may not be the case here. I am in your court on this issue. We need to be able to seriously talk about issues such as this. We can't hide behind jokes and pretend there is not an issue. HVF is not a high crime area in any way, shape or form. But we need to address what crime is popping up in a serious way, to prevent it from becoming a major issue. Discussion about the issue and communication with your neighbors is the best way to handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,238 times
[snip]
Deleted. Many people beat me to it... Drat!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:18 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,021,829 times
Quote:
The accuracy my chosen source of information is irrelevant. I also struggle to think of one reason why you might think it's appropriate to "want to have a little fun" in a topic regarding crime in a local neighborhood. Why not find another thread in which to tell jokes, insert goofy icons, make useless comments, and amuse yourself to your deepest satisfaction?

Again, Mr. / Mrs. Moderator? Helloooooo? Anybody out there? Please direct this I-just-wanna-have-fun individual to the correct area of the city-data website.
Meow meow meow meow

All work and no play makes sneezecake a dull member. I am sure that those who had info to add to this thread did not steer clear on account of mine or any other poster's contribution herewithin.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:52 PM

75 posts, read 336,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
Meow meow meow meow

All work and no play makes sneezecake a dull member. I am sure that those who had info to add to this thread did not steer clear on account of mine or any other poster's contribution herewithin.
What's your problem? Please leave this thread.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,821,323 times
I understand BettyBoops' frustration--she might live in HVF and is understandably alarmed to find a topic such as this one, but instead has to wade past info about dogs, Cary, and even Adam and Eve, none of which have a lick to do with the issue of robberies in the neighborhood.

We all interject jokes when it's a "fun" topic (as are the great majority on these boards--but not this one), but I would be agitated if I saw something about armed robbers in MY neighborhood made light of by posts about what color the dogs are in Cary, too.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,240,116 times
I'm gonna have to agree with Sneezecake on this one...lighten up folks.

Vicki

Old 01-09-2009, 05:40 AM

75 posts, read 336,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I'm gonna have to agree with Sneezecake on this one...lighten up folks.

Vicki

I live in Hope Valley Farms and am concerned about my children getting a gun pointed at their head while walking through the neighborhood. According to police reports, the recent crimes involved guns, and shots were fired at residents/their homes.

Vicki R, I resent your suggestion that we all lighten up and allow Sneezecake to have a just little fun in a thread as serious as this. Could you please leave, also?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:22 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,755,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiemoon0810 View Post
I live in Hope Valley Farms and am concerned about my children getting a gun pointed at their head while walking through the neighborhood. According to police reports, the recent crimes involved guns, and shots were fired at residents/their homes.
I am a big fan of City Data. And it is a good source of information. But for something as serious as this, I would definately call the police and get information directly from the source. You may have done this and are still hoping to get more information, thus the post here at City Data. You might give the Herald Sun a call and find out how much they know.

Does HVF have a list serve or neighborhood watch program? Both of those might be good places to search for information too.

People who post here live all over the Triangle (Clayton to Mebane and beyond). So it's probably going to be hard to get a lot of posters to comment on this thread who actually live in HVFs. We live South of Southpoint, so while we're near you, we have not experienced the crime issues you are talking about in our neighborhood.

But I do hope that these people are caught soon and folks in HVFs feel safe again soon.

Good luck.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:35 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,240,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiemoon0810 View Post

Vicki R, I resent your suggestion that we all lighten up and allow Sneezecake to have a just little fun in a thread as serious as this. Could you please leave, also?
I understand your concern. This is a forum, where people are allowed and ENCOURAGED to voice their opinions.

This is NOT your best source for information.

If you are looking here for information concerning police reports and robberies, please reconsider what this forum is designed for.

It is not to enlighten you about how to protect your family. Be sensible. Do not take the opinions nor the "heresay" of people but call your local police department or talk to your neighbors. Get the real story. Get the facts. Go directly to the source. Educate yourself.

Be smart. Being critical of others' opinions is not going to protect your family, if that is your concern. If you are here to antagonize others, you have done your job well.

Vicki

Old 01-09-2009, 07:53 AM

451 posts, read 1,653,726 times
Quote:
I live in Hope Valley Farms and am actually interested in the original topic. It would be nice if all of the oh-so-funny posters out there could keep their cutesy icons and irrelevant interjections to themselves, while the rest of us try to read about recent crime in our neighborhood. Surely you can find another thread in which to troll?

Where is the moderator when you need him/her?
I feel your frustration. My sister has a co-worker who had a baby with a Durham police officer - they aren't together or anything; maybe you saw them on Maury - anyways, he told her there were some robberies in Hope Valley Farms and that guns were used. He said to contact the local PD to obtain information or give information on suspicious activity. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary