Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,641,317 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Well, first a bit of a rant. I am in apartment hunting purgatory! Our lease is up on June 16th and we are not renewing in the large complex that we're in - long story. Anyway, I personally really want to rent from a private landlord, and I finally found a place that I loved yesterday, told the landlord I wanted it, submitted my application, only for the current tenants to turn around and decide they are not moving out after all. This is just something I would never in a million years do to my landlord or prospective tenants!! So rude! The tenants knew the landlord was showing the unit and within 24 hours decided to renew! Usually you have really thought out your decision to move when you give notice!! So it's getting down to the wire for us and I will be out of town for the next two weekends leaving my boyfriend to hunt all by his lonesome, and the "competition" for privately managed properties is fierce it seems. So it looks like we're going to end up in another large complex .

Now, for the interesting thing. I've been trying to research the least of all evils as far as apartment complexes go in our price range, and I came across a very interesting website: http://www.thinwallstalk.com/category.jspa?categoryID=133 (broken link) This site is a forum for people to discuss living at various rental properties in cities all over the country (this link goes to the Raleigh board). Unfortunately, the board seems to have died in 2006, with few postings, but I think it's an underutilized tool that could really help people out who are looking for a decent place to live. I think it could end up as a more reliable resource than the apartment ratings sites because individuals could start dialogues to really get the real stories behind some of the praise and complaints. Tell your friends who rent about it, and maybe some new life can be pumped into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,961,607 times
You definitely want to check out apartmentratings.com as well. That's what made me look at mine - very accurate, both good and bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary